Passing loop and goods yard configuration

Single line passing loop and entrance to goods yard.

Was there ever an example of the layout at A? If so I will be happy with the 'there is a prototype for everything'

If no and it has to be the layout B I will be faced with difficult choices.

1 - buy new turnouts, expensive at £60 each and I will need 3 of them, leaving me with 3 that I have no use for, and maybe have to wait several months before they are available anyway.

2 - Invoke the ' its my train set' rule and start track laying

passing loop.jpg

38 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

The way you have drawn it, shows 2 LH points at the RH end either way. The single point at the LH end is identical in both drawings, so why do you think you need 3 new points?

1470097176_UPEND.jpg.1cc8ab203b70671c3664387fc224f47d.jpg

Because plan A is a simple schematic and the actual plan is above (ignore the mineral line run around loop). The 3 RH points would need to be replaced with LH ones in a remodelled plan. Happily I don't need to do this.

3 hours ago, wasdavetheroad said:

Single line passing loop and entrance to goods yard.

Was there ever an example of the layout at A? If so I will be happy with the 'there is a prototype for everything'

If no and it has to be the layout B I will be faced with difficult choices.

1 - buy new turnouts, expensive at £60 each and I will need 3 of them, leaving me with 3 that I have no use for, and maybe have to wait several months before they are available anyway.

2 - Invoke the ' its my train set' rule and start track laying

passing loop.jpg

You might add a catch point to protect the running line from runaways from the goods yard?

• RMweb Gold

You might like to visit the Signalling Record Society website and trawl through the many signal box diagrams they have on line to answer your question.

https://www.s-r-s.org.uk/archivediagrams.php

Click on drawings in the left hand column and then select which index you'd like to look at.

Lampeter as suggested by Phil:

https://www.s-r-s.org.uk/html/gwm/S2093.htm

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

You might like to visit the Signalling Record Society website and trawl through the many signal box diagrams they have on line to answer your question.

Several similar sites listed in this thread: