Photos of Tender Snowploughs 330975 and 330978

justin

Can anyone point me in the direction of photos of these two LNER Group Standard 4200 gallon tenders converted to Snowploughs. I am ideally looking for pictures from the late 1970s onwards but would be interested in anything anyone could post. I have had a thorough look on the internet and can't find any images. Failing a picture turning up does anyone know the liveries of these two ploughs from the late 1970s onwards?

Did you find anything yet? I think I have some snowplough details in some old departmental stock books. Can have a look Monday probably. 

Edit, Monday:

Paul Bartlett's site has some photos of the ADE330xxx series in a snazzy striped livery at

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/snowplough

RCTS 1983 loco stock book has 

ADE 330975 at CA

ADE 330978 at LN

Platform 5 'Track Machines' of 1984 has the same allocations, and a couple of black and white photos of other snowploughs, which appear to be black on the sides with black/yellow chevrons on the plough end.

All the ones I remember seeing were basically black. 

And a ton of info over here, but few photos:

Edited by eastwestdivide
Monday

Thanks for looking. I specifically need pictures of 330975 and 330978 as I'm trying to untangle some complex preservation history on them. 330975 is on the RHRP tender register

http://www.ten.rhrp.org.uk/tens/TenderInfo.asp?Ref=238

I am confident this is correct but a picture confirming it was previously painted in yellow and black chevrons would be nice (330970 and 330976 also had this livery)

330978 maybe this tender but I am looking for pre preservation views to help identify it

LNER Tender_Bluebell Rly?

• Like 1