One Peco PL-13 for a crossover?

Just wanted to confirm that you cannot use one PL-13 on a crossover with a pair of PL-10, in this case to go from outside to inside loop. In my head it was possible but on looking at it I don't think it's the case as the frogs would be need to be opposite polarity when both lines were running straight, couldn't find any other topic on here or google with similar terms.

Many thanks

Tom

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Tomathee said:

Just wanted to confirm that you cannot use one PL-13 on a crossover with a pair of PL-10, in this case to go from outside to inside loop. In my head it was possible but on looking at it I don't think it's the case as the frogs would be need to be opposite polarity when both lines were running straight, couldn't find any other topic on here or google with similar terms.

Many thanks

Tom

You could use a  Gaugemaster GM500 relay switch instead of two PL-13s. This is DPDT so has a switch for each PL-10 and likely to be more reliable!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RFS said:

You could use a  Gaugemaster GM500 relay switch instead of two PL-13s. This is DPDT so has a switch for each PL-10 and likely to be more reliable!

Thanks, I've seen about the reliability issues from researching this but I'll persevere with those I have and see for next time. I used gm500 for the surface mounted motors so it would be something not completely from scratch to learn.