Diesel Shunter Lights

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

My 03 and 04  shunt my yard with a 'Conflat' wagon at the rear for when they venture on to the main line (for them to be recognised by the track circuiting). I've fitted the Conflat with a red tail lamp, but now wonder if I should fit a white lamp too. I have the impression that diesel shunters themselves run with both red and white lamps illuminated as they are constantly changing direction. Any help on this will be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Crepello said:

My 03 and 04  shunt my yard with a 'Conflat' wagon at the rear for when they venture on to the main line (for them to be recognised by the track circuiting). I've fitted the Conflat with a red tail lamp, but now wonder if I should fit a white lamp too. I have the impression that diesel shunters themselves run with both red and white lamps illuminated as they are constantly changing direction. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Yes shunting lights like this...

IMG_6094.jpg

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I think 03's actually had 2 white lamps but a red lens having down which would cover one of the white lamps when needed.

269598987_2065257496985160_7981575059591926094_n.jpg

A different design, but 08s were the same, a red lens could be slid over the white light

Jo

• Thanks 1