Astolat Guildford Exhibition – Sunday 16th Jan is GOING AHEAD

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

I am pleased to advise that the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition on Sunday 16th January is GOING AHEAD which makes a welcome change at a time that has seen many shows cancelled. I look forward to attending this pleasant show with Canute Road Quay. Please come along, say hello and support the Astolat MRC.

1195870018_170929CanuteRdQIMG_2524WEB.jpg.80f5f8d59fcc503e3c865e855fe2b7a6.jpg

The show is being held at the Surrey Sports Park, University of Surrey, Richard Meyjes Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AD

Doors open at 10:00 am and close at 5:00pm. Entry prices are £6.00 for Adult, £3.00 for Child (under 14) and £12.00 for family (2 + 2).

Important Covid Advisory Information.
In light of the latest government guidelines all adult visitors to the January exhibition will sensibly be required to wear masks and will require evidence of at least double vaccination or proof of a recent negative Lateral Flow Test to gain entry to the Surrey Sports Park buildings.

Obviously things and or any requirements still might change, so I advise checking the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition website here  before setting out to visit the show but I  look forward to hopefully seeing you there.

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I braved the RRBS from Reading yesterday (and the much more pleasant Leyland Leopard on the free bus to the show from Guildford station) and enjoyed my first show in a fair while. 

Covid passes checked before entry, option to pay by card on the entry desk, all good. 

Stand spacing seemed pretty good, outer ring against the walls and a central block, split in 2 with a cross aisle.

I stayed about 2 hours (10:00-12:00) and estimate numbers to be around 200-250 in the hall from 10:30ish onwards. Pretty much everyone was wearing a mask and many were consciously observing social distancing.

Canute Road Quay would be my layout of the show, but interesting to see a good variety. Astolat's new OO roundy-roundy will be impressive once completed.

Picked up a couple of bits n bobs from the trade before my RRBS back to Reading (which took 15 minutes less than the journey up)

Edited by CloggyDog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1