Class 21/29

sulzer71

I was very supprised there are not going to be any class 29s in two tone green with small yellow panels as the one they did last time sold out really quickly and the full yellow ended one which was the last to sell out gets two versions this time.... Unless hattons have made a mistake. Great news about the tablet 21s though! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, peteskitchen said:

I was very supprised there are not going to be any class 29s in two tone green with small yellow panels as the one they did last time sold out really quickly and the full yellow ended one which was the last to sell out gets two versions this time.... Unless hattons have made a mistake. Great news about the tablet 21s though! 

Just had a look at Rails website and although every one they have listed has a photo of the previous releases (it says so bottom right of each picture) it looks like D6132 will be available in Green SYP

58 minutes ago, class29returns said:

Think I'll treat myself to a blue D6100 with full yellow panels (not full yellow ends)

Strange to think I looked out the card to buy something Hornby last night.

This was the only one to get the late BR Blue livery with centre position logo (although it acquired a replacement cab door meaning that it had - on one side only - a centre logo and one on a cab door) so hopefully this will be rendered correctly

11 hours ago, SHerr said:

Great news re tablet catcher versions, although a push I can probably just about justify one. 

Oddly though, no all green with tablet catcher which seems a little strange?

Yeah , I may repaint the ends on 1 at least

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

Just had a look at Rails website and although every one they have listed has a photo of the previous releases (it says so bottom right of each picture) it looks like D6132 will be available in Green SYP

seen here too: https://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail?sid=813297

cheers,

Keith

22 hours ago, SHerr said:

Great news re tablet catcher versions, although a push I can probably just about justify one. 

Oddly though, no all green with tablet catcher which seems a little strange?

Photos of all green ones with a tablet catcher installed in the recess appear to be rare.  None online that I can find and there is only one photo in Sayers' book.

Plenty of photos of green ones with an empty catcher recess.  I wonder if the catchers will come as a part to be fitted by the buyer? 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

Photos of all green ones with a tablet catcher installed in the recess appear to be rare.  None online that I can find and there is only one photo in Sayers' book.

Plenty of photos of green ones with an empty catcher recess.  I wonder if the catchers will come as a part to be fitted by the buyer? 

I’d never noticed that before but your right. I’ve found one quite fuzzy picture in George O’Hara’s book that ‘might’ have the catcher in place but you can’t tell for sure.

I suppose I had assumed that Dapol would do like Heljan and Bachmann and have it as something that you fit yourself but could be part of the reason.

However, lots of pictures of all green ones with recess so still surprised that option has been omitted especially when all green is being produced on the non tablet catcher version. 

Just nice to see them doing this option really, I’d thought they might not have as quite a lot of 21s still seem to be unsold.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, slow8dirty said:

Did anyone ask at the Dapol stand this weekend? I meant to then........Squirrel!!!

I wondered, I didn't see any photos from the show.  I was going to post a query but got busy and didn't have the time to find this topic.

Just checked Hattons, they are still saying October and December 2022. 

22 hours ago, slow8dirty said:

Did anyone ask at the Dapol stand this weekend? I meant to then........Squirrel!!!

I spoke to them myself at Warley as it happens and was told the tooling isn't even complete yet so we're not going to see it this year! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Tablet catcher fitted 21 sample was in the display case this weekend at Warley.Chaps on the stand (if I understood correctly) said they had just signed off on the livery artwork so would expect delivery around middle of next year? I got the feeling there wasn't a strong breeze or their fingers damp enough to put much stock in the accuracy of that prediction, but to be fair it wasn't offered as such, but good to hear of progress compared to last year.

• Thanks 1