Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Leeds MRS CIO 2022 Exhibition now with updated (9/10/2022)Layout and Completed Trader List nearly there!

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

With about a week to go we have no pull outs by either trade or layouts (if that doesn't  mean we will be..great! )

Good selection of trade and layouts this year..

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This time next week we will start getting handrails/cables etc off to the Grammar School at Leeds.  

Hopefully we will get everything in place before our traders and visiting layouts arrive.

We will be featuring a large photographic/map display from John Gibbon who is helping to set out the floor markings.

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The owner of the building we meet in has made sure we can access he handrail store on Friday and his team will move the handrails back into the store next week. One less job to worry about!

Baz

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

More workbeing completed by Amdy Ross on his model of Hunsletvworks (link above) and some more 3D cad work from @innocentmanfor Wentworth junction.. New layouts don't stand still.. should be good to see this work as well as Skipwith at our show this weekend.

And.. never mind about the "new"TT..we have a real Triang TT layout at our show....

Baz

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

If you are coming by car and have a blue parking badge follow the wheelchair sign for parking.  Come up the school drive, pass the cricket field and turn left through the barrier (which should be open). The car park in on your left.

The general car park is easy to find. Straight up the school drive with the school on your left and you are at the car park.

Baz

• Barry O changed the title to Leeds MRS CIO 2022 Exhibition now with updated (9/10/2022)Layout and Completed Trader List nearly there!
  • RMweb Premium

All layouts and traders who were expected by 8pm on Friday have arrived. Set up went very well.. lots of members there to help make things happen.

And Wentworth Junction is up and stocked...

20221021_153208.jpg.a7f84cc093d887776ff934533ed138f0.jpg

The dingly dangle bits are the start of the overhead electrification process.. superb work as usual from a very good Modeller.. Mike Edge.

Baz

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, TomJ said:

Quick question before I leave! Do you take card on the door? Or do I need to detour via a cash machine? Thanks 

I paid by card when I arrived. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, richard brown said:

Hi all here is my video of this great show 

Leeds Model Railway Society Exhibition 2022

Richard 

Trains In The Attic 

Thanks Richard.

Good to see all the gang looking very hale and hearty.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

@St Enodoc Don Townsley, our President  was at the show today. We had a nice catch up.

Some very nice layouts.  And a goodly selection of trade . Some of whom were busy emptying my wallet..

Day 2 beckons!

Baz

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

@St Enodoc Don Townsley, our President  was at the show today. We had a nice catch up.

Some very nice layouts.  And a goodly selection of trade . Some of whom were busy emptying my wallet..

Day 2 beckons!

Baz

Sounds good. Was DHT part of @Andy Ross's display?????

• RMweb Premium

A successful weekend. Numbers of attendees up.. happy treasurer..  and one young man received a lot of  support for his funds to cover attending the Scout World jamboree. Many thanks for the generous donations!

Next show..

OCTOBER 28TH AND 29TH 2023..

Get the dates in your diary!

Thanks for your support.

Baz

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Barry O said:

A successful weekend. Numbers of attendees up.. happy treasurer..  and one young man received a lot of  support for his funds to cover attending the Scout World jamboree. Many thanks for the generous donations!

Next show..

OCTOBER 28TH AND 29TH 2023..

Get the dates in your diary!

Thanks for your support.

Baz

At what time did the Hon Treas light his cigar (metaphorically speaking)?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

At what time did the Hon Treas light his cigar (metaphorically speaking)?

not sure but probably some time on Saturday morning..

Baz

• RMweb Premium
On 22/10/2022 at 19:12, richard brown said:

Hi all here is my video of this great show 

Leeds Model Railway Society Exhibition 2022

Richard 

Trains In The Attic 

Thanks matey. Some good looking layouts there. 

Big Boy in 7mm...strewth.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1