RMweb

Gaugemaster DCC30 stationary decoder + CDU?

Brian Emeney

I'm gradually converting my layout to full DCC. I have four Seep solenoid point motors currently operating by toggle switches and a CDU. I bought a Gaugemaster DCC30 stationary decoder a while ago and I'm finally getting round to fitting it. Can I still use my single CDU or do I need to get one for each point motor? Any advice welcome!

:scratchhead:

23 hours ago, Brian Emeney said:

I'm gradually converting my layout to full DCC. I have four Seep solenoid point motors currently operating by toggle switches and a CDU. I bought a Gaugemaster DCC30 stationary decoder a while ago and I'm finally getting round to fitting it. Can I still use my single CDU or do I need to get one for each point motor? Any advice welcome!

:scratchhead:

This https://scalemodelscenery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/dcc30.pdf makes no mention of a CDU.

However, note the comments about either cutting the wire or reprogramming, as you're using solenoid motors.

2 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

Perhaps - however, they don't actually say that, and it is still widely available from many places.

GM may not exactly state that it's disconinued but that's what the #D# means - D is for discontinued.

Stocks will exist in places but to quote that well know retail phrase "when ther'e gone, ther'e gone".

The listing will drop off the GM website in time.