Bottom of the Barrel

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, marc smith said:

Just echoing what others have said.
The use of the barrel is a great, novel approach - and that backscene is pure genius. Nice modelling too. A perfect micro :) 

Absolutely, what they've all said, superb and creative work. Now are there any plans to exhibit? 

Thanks
Ralf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2023 at 21:59, Ralf said:

Absolutely, what they've all said, superb and creative work. Now are there any plans to exhibit? 

Thanks
Ralf

Hi Ralf, thankyou. Yes I want to get it out to exhibitions etc. Though I never know the best way to promote it? I always rely on meeting exhibition organisers at exhibitions its already booked at. 

Thanks Joe

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

So Finally after 2 years of development I have completed my Bass Neilson Reid loco, I have gone through many samples, print orientations, printing in separate parts etc. But now finally I have come to the conclusion that the right revision was the one before my last adjustment. So I printed one of these and began the work of painting it to the turkey red colour scheme. I think It has come out quite well and for a 3d printed body that was first on the drawing board 2 and half years ago, its nice to see it finally complete.

Pete Goss of Copper Wort did some wonderful work on one of my other revisions which had separate safety valves, these required some work to fit, however he did a superb job with it, and it can be seen running on his layout at shows. The final one I have completed has built in safety valves which are very fine, but a bit brittle. But I think this looks right. The loco will look good on the model i think as a guest on Trent brewery system. 

20240323_093719.jpg

20240323_093900.jpg20240323_093920.jpg

20240323_093711.jpg

Edited by Woebegone-by-sea
  • Like 6