SCARBOROUGH MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 23/24th April

silverlink

Scarborough & District Railway Modellers will be holding there two year postponed model railway show over the weekend of 23/24th April 2022.

The venue will be: Newby and Scalby Community Hall, 

Scarborough YO13 0RA
Only £6 for adults and once again, Kids go free (when accompanied by an adult).
Free on-site parking

Hot and Cold Food

Opening times Saturday 10am-5pm

Sunday 10am-3-30pm 

More information on our club website SDRMweb.co.uk/Scarborough_Show.php

For anyone travelling to Scarborough by public transport below are buses that will take you to the venue from Scarborough Railway Station.

East Yorkshire bus route 10 from Station 10-04am, 10-34am then every 30mins.

Alight at the Rosette Pub, Scalby Road, the venue is 2 minute down other side of road. 

Scarborough/Whitby route X93 From station to Scalby & Newby Hall 9-50am then every hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Great to be back after our enforced lockdown.

Club layouts all dusted off, tested and ready.

Some excellent visiting layouts this year.

I'll come back with some photos later...

Check out:   sdrmweb.co.uk

Edited by computrains

• 3 weeks later...

Possil Halt is also making its show debut this weekend.

Currently, the team are on with making last minute adjustments (why is this so often the case?).

Looking good for the weekend though.  Everything else is in place.

Even the weather forecast is good.

As well as our local layouts, we have guest layouts from across the region.

East Yorkshire,

West Yorkshire,

City of York

and Redcar and Cleveland are all represented.

Come and see us this weekend.   sdrmweb.co.uk

Edited by computrains

On 20/04/2022 at 07:28, computrains said:

I'll be good to see you, Mark.

Bring your camera, the viaduct (small but beautifully formed) makes a good picture.

Roland

Hi Roland

The show was really good and we got some excellent shots of the viaduct afterwards.

Cheers

Mark

I visited yesterday morning. I arrived at atound 10.20am. Had to park round the corner as the car park was full.

I was back in my car by 10.35am. FAR to many people in that small hall. Covid aside id be amazed if fire regulations allowed them many to be in at one time. It was heaving. 

Couldnt get near any layouts and had to fight to get down the narrow aisles. 

So despite having cash to spend i left empty handed. ( apart from the show guide i got when i paid )

• Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, meatloaf said:

I visited yesterday morning. I arrived at atound 10.20am. Had to park round the corner as the car park was full.

I was back in my car by 10.35am. FAR to many people in that small hall. Covid aside id be amazed if fire regulations allowed them many to be in at one time. It was heaving. 

Couldnt get near any layouts and had to fight to get down the narrow aisles. 

So despite having cash to spend i left empty handed. ( apart from the show guide i got when i paid )

I had genuinely been considering a visit to what I hoped would be a reasonably low-key club show, even if it might have taken me the best part of two hours to get there, plus cost of motoring and Humber Bridge tolls. In view of the above report of crowding I'm glad I stayed at home instead and put lining on some loco models! The lack of regard, now almost universal, for those who want to be part of society again but who also want (or desperately need) to avoid Covid is appalling. It isn't simply the fault of the government for removing legal controls, as EVERYBODY has been made extremely well aware of the risk factors over the last two years. EVERYBODY, especially including event organisers, as well as event visitors, therefore has responsibility for considerate restraint of behaviour. Controlling the numbers admitted to an indoor event at any given time is an obvious leading necessity.

Maybe I won't now bother with any of the other club shows in the next two or three months that I'd been considering... 

2 hours ago, gr.king said:

I had genuinely been considering a visit to what I hoped would be a reasonably low-key club show, even if it might have taken me the best part of two hours to get there, plus cost of motoring and Humber Bridge tolls. In view of the above report of crowding I'm glad I stayed at home instead and put lining on some loco models! The lack of regard, now almost universal, for those who want to be part of society again but who also want (or desperately need) to avoid Covid is appalling. It isn't simply the fault of the government for removing legal controls, as EVERYBODY has been made extremely well aware of the risk factors over the last two years. EVERYBODY, especially including event organisers, as well as event visitors, therefore has responsibility for considerate restraint of behaviour. Controlling the numbers admitted to an indoor event at any given time is an obvious leading necessity.

Maybe I won't now bother with any of the other club shows in the next two or three months that I'd been considering... 

I only went as i was holidaying at Primrose Valley in Filey. Saw it advertised on many lamp posts and thought why not. Wasnt expecting it to be so busy i have to admit.

I only went as i was holidaying at Primrose Valley in Filey. Saw it advertised on many lamp posts and thought why not. Wasnt expecting it to be so busy i have to admit.

I don't think any exhibition will come up to your required standard, be it model railways or anything else.  Living with Covid is where we inhabit now, it's not perfect, but we're never going to remove it from society.  Look at China and what it is doing in Shanghai, it's makes no difference it's still infecting more people.

We all know that the problem will never go away completely, but it is perfectly possible to reduce risks while keeping events viable, so that all can attend in reasonable safety. Pretending that nothing can be done about it, or that nothing needs to be done, and leaving the outcome to be determined by the behaviour of the least careful and the most selfish, is just a classic case of shirking responsibility and leaving the most vulnerable to suffer the worst consequences.

I went and thoroughly enjoyed myself, good layouts and the icing on the cake was Durham St, had a nice chat to Ian about it and his previous Haymarket Cross, didn't buy much, but, the entry fee alone was well worth it and by the way Covid didn't even cross my mind, nice to be getting back to some sort of normality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, computrains said:

We had a great show.   It was a joy to be working with such a cheerful crew.

Many thanks to all who supported us.  Hope to see you at our Pickering Show in August

www.sdrmweb.co.uk/Pickering_Show.php

Fingers crossed I'll be home for Pickering 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all who supported our show, I'm pleased to say it was a huge success. We had a good turnout after what has been a very trying time over the past two years. I'm sorry if you found it a bit cramped on Saturday but hey, that's normal for a Saturday.

Calmed down on the Sunday with a steady flow of visitor's through the door. Many thanks to all our exhibitors, demonstrators and traders for their support.

After the success of this year's show we are now looking forward to holding the show again same time next year.

Here's to our next show at Pickering over weekend of 21/22nd August.

Thanks

Ian Harper

Show Manager Scarborough & District Railway Modellers

• Friendly/supportive 1