BRM April 2022 + WOR TV

Howard Smith

• Moderators

Hello RMwebbers,

As RMweb has been down recently and we've been busy with a manner of exciting projects, I've not posted a topic on our April issue, until now, so errr... welcome to it!

It's been great to see so many of you at our shows now that these are back underway, and while we love to chat with you as you dig out your smartphones to show us your projects and share ideas, we've been keeping an eye on your most recent projects on here, too.

In our April issue of BRM, we've many ideas and projects to bring you, and the great news is, you can pick a copy up in stores until April 21, or get your digital edition brimming with extras from pocketmags.com/BRM right now.

Here's what’s inside BRM April 2022…

LAYOUTS:

•    Tetbury (OO)...

April22 Tetbury AY 64xx from the track.jpg

•    Lower Exbury (P4)

APRIL 22 LOWER EXBURY 4.jpg

•    West Coast Southern Section (N)...

BRM April 2022 West Coast - Southern Section 1.jpg

PRACTICAL ADVICE:

•    How to create a stone wall...

APRIL22 STONE WALLS CLOSE19-PROMO.jpg

•    Modelling horses...

April 2022 Horses practical step 27.jpg

•    Coupling solutions for N gauge stock...

APRIL22 N GAUGE COUPLINGS STEP 4.jpg

•    Improve older rolling stock...

DHAPR_Stock_Main image_with_sky.jpg

PLUS:
•    Win a Hornby APT-P!

APRIL 22 Hornby APT 11.jpg

•    Prototype Inspiration: We take a closer look at the Cargowaggon ‘Hold-All’

APRIL 2022 CGW HoldAll Prototype MAIN.jpg

•    Reviews of the new Hornby APT-P...

APRIL 22 Hornby APT 1.jpg

Hornby Sentinel...

Hornby Sentinel 01.jpg

new GE 10T vans and Pilchard wagons from Oxford Rail...

Oxford GE 10T vans 03.jpg

Oxford Pilchard 01.jpg

and the new Class 86/6 from Heljan...

Heljan Class 86 01.jpg

•    Realistic modelling: our top picks, plus all the latest model railway news and more.

Our digital issues come packed with bonus content for digital readers. This month includes seven extra videos, three bonus articles and 71 exclusive images!

The digital issue of BRM and BRM print subscribers get access to the latest episode of World of Railways TV. This month, Phil Parker discovers the backstory on the APT, Phil Parker and Andy York climb aboard a Hunslet 16in with Rapido Trains, plus Howard Smith explores the installation and functionality of the DMG Electech (LD101) Flashing Light Module in a Hornby Class 87.

Oh, and much to our annoyance, we're aware of the caption issue on page 75 where the wrong file was printed. We apologise and have corrected it for the digital issue, but for print copies, it can be downloaded and printed to add to your copy below, if you wish.

Enjoy your issue, and as always, happy modelling, reading, and viewing!

H

document.pdf

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Some really lovely articles and layouts, although for some reason 'Lower Exbury' really hit the spot for me. I can't imagine why...

I did spot the caption error, but these things happen - I am also most certainly not immune to them, even after having checked things through multiple times!

As is tradition, I got really carried away producing my article for this month's BRM - in fact, no mention was made in the brief of discussing prototype practices, but I enjoyed the research phase so much that I couldn't help myself!

With BRM's permission, I have produced a supplemental guide to prototypical stone wall practices which is attached to this post, using unseen illustrations, photos and text. I hope you find it as interesting as I did during my research. It just goes to show that nothing is ever quite as simple as it first appears!

I'm always happy to hear feedback.

BRM - Stone Walls - Supplement to April 2022 article.pdf

All the best,
Jamie

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Some really lovely articles and layouts, although for some reason 'Lower Exbury' really hit the spot for me. I can't imagine why...

I did spot the caption error, but these things happen - I am also most certainly not immune to them, even after having checked things through multiple times!

As is tradition, I got really carried away producing my article for this month's BRM - in fact, no mention was made in the brief of discussing prototype practices, but I enjoyed the research phase so much that I couldn't help myself!

Nothing wrong with doing research - then really getting interested in the subject. I also can't imagine anyone complaining about additional information - I'm certainly not!

As for caption errors, these things happen. The same goes for errors in blocks of text - I'm sure there must have been plenty in stuff I've written over the years. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna.

I never got chance to do Latin when I was at school - not that I'm complaining, you understand ... .

Edited by Huw Griffiths
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

With BRM's permission, I have produced a supplemental guide to prototypical stone wall practices which is attached to this post, using unseen illustrations, photos and text. I hope you find it as interesting as I did during my research. It just goes to show that nothing is ever quite as simple as it first appears!

I'm always happy to hear feedback.

BRM - Stone Walls - Supplement to April 2022 article.pdf 4.71 MB · 11 downloads

All the best,
Jamie

Very useful Jamie, many thanks! I really like the artwork too. Issue 1 of the famous Jamie Warne Supplements!

Edited by Mikkel
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1