H0e Micro Layout

Hello everybody!😀

Now I would like to present my latest project here:

The new micro layout is limited to the dimensions 60cm x 15cm. This is roughly 2ft x 0.5ft - about a square foot...

In addition, there is a fiddle stick on each side to attach.

Actually, after building my micro layout, I wanted to continue with my "bigger" branch line terminus, but for several reasons I decided to build this here first.

Here I can try out a few things to make them easier to implement there.

In addition, I then have the opportunity to use my H0e rolling stock on a well-designed layout during construction. For standard gauge rolling stock I already have the Inglenook layout and the micro layout...

Shown is an operating point of a fictional small narrow-gauge railway, on which mainly different goods are transported - including wood from the forest.

For the buildings I only used free Scalescenes kits, whereby I more or less modified two of them on the PC.

The background is self-painted. the lower edge is later to be covered by fences and plants.

19-05-2022wjjmz.png

general overview...

22-05-20221owkck.png

I built this small shelter on the basis of the "Coal office".

I hope you like what is shown, and I wish you a nice evening and a good start into the new week!

Best regards,

ThomasG

• Like 15

Hi! 😀

First of all, thank you very much for the likes and Kevin, Andrew,Ian and Jerry for the nice comments!

@Ian: 

I did NOT make the cobblestones myself, it is from Noch. Here‘s a link:

https://www.noch.com/3d-cardboard-sheet-old-town-pavement/56721/

In this case, I just added a little color.

I actually usually make it myself, I use foam sheets called "Depron" for this. These are scratched and colored. You can take a look at my other two layouts (see signature).

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Thanks 1

Hi! 😀

Now the concrete slabs on the goods shed are almost done. All that's missing is a little color fine-tuning. A piece of Depron board was scored and given five color treatments.

865343e4-efe4-4296-8u7jd1.jpeg

In the first post you can see something else here - that was a finished product from Busch. But then I didn't like it that much, and I decided to make it myself...

In addition, the cobblestone is attached to the left. I also use Depron for leveling.

Best regards,

ThomasG 

Edited by ThomasG
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hello everybody! 😀

@Kevin: Thank you for your comment! ☺️

@All:

The last few days I've mainly been busy with my rolling stock, so there's a post about it now...

Narrow gauge began to haunt my head many years ago, and it actually started almost exactly a year ago when I got a bargain on Ebay. A starter set (Roco) with a cute little locomotive and two pairs of turntable lorries found its way to me.

dampflokh0eufk41.png

drehschemellorenrocombjik.png

Well, very nice, but a bit little, isn't it? But what, if there is no offer like in "normal" H0, and/or if  you don´t have Money to waste? So build or rebuild yourself:

offenerh0e2dkky.png

First, an old two-axle vehicle was made narrower and converted to a four-axle vehicle. He used to be brown...

gedeckterh0edgk2j.png

Encouraged by the result, I then ventured into a covered wagon, which I converted in the same way...

flachbordh0e5qk63.png

A flat side car followed later, but this was also shortened in length.

rungenh0efxjyx.png

In the meantime I dared to do more self-construction and created this car. Only the bogies are made of turntable lorries from Roco. The brakeman's platform is also self-made.

rungen2h0evkkzt.png

The last self-construction for the time being is certainly also the most curious: The basis of this car comes from a surprise egg ("Kinder Surprise" in English-speaking countries - as far as I know)...

personenh0eofjb9.png

I also bought a passenger car...

drehschemellorenminitl7kad.png

...and these two pairs turntable lorries from Minitrains.

I hope you like it...

Best regards,

ThomasG

• Like 8

• 8 months later...

Hello!

How the time flies...
A lot has happened here in the meantime, but always in the right order!

Another wagon was self-built: A workshop and material wagon was created from unnecessary parts of a small firehouse, more precisely the hose tower…🤪

Only the N gauge bogies are not self-made.

96260e0c-4d16-48bc-a2aeme.jpeg

099474ac-e7ea-4a6a-aikfhc.jpeg

I've also made progress with the landscape design, more on that soon...

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 5

Hello again!

As promised, an update:

The rails, etc. were treated in color, designed the level crossings, adjusted the level, and created a floor covering with sandpaper. This received several paint jobs and now forms a good basis. In addition, the small office building was placed a little higher to better camouflage the passage to the Fiddleyard on the left.

1f65abfa-ed4d-45f0-9l8d57.jpeg

fa9b284b-73ad-4e91-9q8dhd.jpeg

600b9aa8-62ee-4700-ai8iye.jpeg

I added a working manual control lever to the switch. Of course, the color is still missing here...

6af057c0-1e26-4665-adkad2f.png

I wish everyone a good start into the new week!

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello!

In the last few days I've ventured into another self-build. From a small gauge N steam locomotive I made a gauge H0e box steam locomotive.

8d836c6d-d26a-4169-85vihg.jpeg

Here a few more pictures from the build:

50e9d13e-625e-45ce-8ski08.jpeg

It needed proper weights for good driving characteristics.

ea0404e5-c187-49a8-97qeg8.jpeg
The whole structure consists of polystyrene, which was then painted.

a907b95c-396a-416f-9epez6.jpeg
Only the weathering is missing…

I wish everyone a nice Easter!

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 6