Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

H0e Micro Layout

Hello everybody!😀

Now I would like to present my latest project here:

The new micro layout is limited to the dimensions 60cm x 15cm. This is roughly 2ft x 0.5ft - about a square foot...

In addition, there is a fiddle stick on each side to attach.

Actually, after building my micro layout, I wanted to continue with my "bigger" branch line terminus, but for several reasons I decided to build this here first.

Here I can try out a few things to make them easier to implement there.

In addition, I then have the opportunity to use my H0e rolling stock on a well-designed layout during construction. For standard gauge rolling stock I already have the Inglenook layout and the micro layout...

Shown is an operating point of a fictional small narrow-gauge railway, on which mainly different goods are transported - including wood from the forest.

For the buildings I only used free Scalescenes kits, whereby I more or less modified two of them on the PC.

The background is self-painted. the lower edge is later to be covered by fences and plants.

19-05-2022wjjmz.png

general overview...

22-05-20221owkck.png

I built this small shelter on the basis of the "Coal office".

I hope you like what is shown, and I wish you a nice evening and a good start into the new week!

Best regards,

ThomasG

• Like 15

Hi! 😀

First of all, thank you very much for the likes and Kevin, Andrew,Ian and Jerry for the nice comments!

@Ian: 

I did NOT make the cobblestones myself, it is from Noch. Here‘s a link:

https://www.noch.com/3d-cardboard-sheet-old-town-pavement/56721/

In this case, I just added a little color.

I actually usually make it myself, I use foam sheets called "Depron" for this. These are scratched and colored. You can take a look at my other two layouts (see signature).

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Thanks 1

Hi! 😀

Now the concrete slabs on the goods shed are almost done. All that's missing is a little color fine-tuning. A piece of Depron board was scored and given five color treatments.

865343e4-efe4-4296-8u7jd1.jpeg

In the first post you can see something else here - that was a finished product from Busch. But then I didn't like it that much, and I decided to make it myself...

In addition, the cobblestone is attached to the left. I also use Depron for leveling.

Best regards,

ThomasG 

Edited by ThomasG
  • Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Hello everybody! 😀

@Kevin: Thank you for your comment! ☺️

@All:

The last few days I've mainly been busy with my rolling stock, so there's a post about it now...

Narrow gauge began to haunt my head many years ago, and it actually started almost exactly a year ago when I got a bargain on Ebay. A starter set (Roco) with a cute little locomotive and two pairs of turntable lorries found its way to me.

dampflokh0eufk41.png

drehschemellorenrocombjik.png

Well, very nice, but a bit little, isn't it? But what, if there is no offer like in "normal" H0, and/or if  you don´t have Money to waste? So build or rebuild yourself:

offenerh0e2dkky.png

First, an old two-axle vehicle was made narrower and converted to a four-axle vehicle. He used to be brown...

gedeckterh0edgk2j.png

Encouraged by the result, I then ventured into a covered wagon, which I converted in the same way...

flachbordh0e5qk63.png

A flat side car followed later, but this was also shortened in length.

rungenh0efxjyx.png

In the meantime I dared to do more self-construction and created this car. Only the bogies are made of turntable lorries from Roco. The brakeman's platform is also self-made.

rungen2h0evkkzt.png

The last self-construction for the time being is certainly also the most curious: The basis of this car comes from a surprise egg ("Kinder Surprise" in English-speaking countries - as far as I know)...

personenh0eofjb9.png

I also bought a passenger car...

drehschemellorenminitl7kad.png

...and these two pairs turntable lorries from Minitrains.

I hope you like it...

Best regards,

ThomasG

• Like 8

• 8 months later...

Hello!

How the time flies...
A lot has happened here in the meantime, but always in the right order!

Another wagon was self-built: A workshop and material wagon was created from unnecessary parts of a small firehouse, more precisely the hose tower…🤪

Only the N gauge bogies are not self-made.

96260e0c-4d16-48bc-a2aeme.jpeg

099474ac-e7ea-4a6a-aikfhc.jpeg

I've also made progress with the landscape design, more on that soon...

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 5

Hello again!

As promised, an update:

The rails, etc. were treated in color, designed the level crossings, adjusted the level, and created a floor covering with sandpaper. This received several paint jobs and now forms a good basis. In addition, the small office building was placed a little higher to better camouflage the passage to the Fiddleyard on the left.

1f65abfa-ed4d-45f0-9l8d57.jpeg

fa9b284b-73ad-4e91-9q8dhd.jpeg

600b9aa8-62ee-4700-ai8iye.jpeg

I added a working manual control lever to the switch. Of course, the color is still missing here...

6af057c0-1e26-4665-adkad2f.png

I wish everyone a good start into the new week!

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello!

In the last few days I've ventured into another self-build. From a small gauge N steam locomotive I made a gauge H0e box steam locomotive.

8d836c6d-d26a-4169-85vihg.jpeg

Here a few more pictures from the build:

50e9d13e-625e-45ce-8ski08.jpeg

It needed proper weights for good driving characteristics.

ea0404e5-c187-49a8-97qeg8.jpeg
The whole structure consists of polystyrene, which was then painted.

a907b95c-396a-416f-9epez6.jpeg
Only the weathering is missing…

I wish everyone a nice Easter!

Best regards,

ThomasG 

• Like 6