LNWR in P4

3 hours ago, Coal Tank said:

Hi Peter do you mean the platform

hi. Yes I mean the platform. I set mine to the platform clearance in Templot but long coaches foul particularly on the inside curves. I have some GWR 70’ toplights that I am working on as these will potentially be the worst. I also have a 65’ Caley break compo and a couple of LNWR 65’ dining cars. Unfortunately my inside curve platform has been fixed down. 

Edited by Brassey

I have had a bit of a break from engines (I was going a bit loco) and decided to have a go at a Howard Scenics kit that I got from a Scale forum years ago. Not having made a building before or whether I could still get this kit I did do a copy so that I could do a trial run. Which proved  fortunate as I have thrown many sheets in the bin. The kit would have been wasted. Anyway here are a few shots  of progress so far, its not as neat as I would like, I think it maybe that the card that I used was too thick and was difficult to cut. 

IMG_20221211_130913.jpg

IMG_20221211_202554.jpg

IMG_20221211_202505.jpg

• Like 13

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi the london road model 6 wheeled brake van is moving forward. I have manage to get the W irons to Actually rock, to achieve this I had to thin down the solé bars and file the springs casting almost down to nothing. If I was to make another one I would spring it rather than have rock ing units. 

IMG_20230402_183451.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Hello John, just found your thread and very much enjoyed reading through, lovely loco & brake van builds and an exciting looking layout. I was very interested to see the Lady loco pictures; I have a few LRM kits in my to-do pile and had thought about the Lady one but one of the things that put me off was the motorising, so I'm very interested to see how you get on with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Chas, Thank you for your comments here is a photo of the Lady of the Lake without the body. I have used a High Level low loader gearbox which can fold up into various ways. In this case it is folded so that it sits under the motor(if that makes sense) one thing that I did like doing on this engine was to have the vacuum pump rod working 

IMG_20230402_234455.jpg

Edited by Coal Tank
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
On 02/04/2023 at 22:52, Coal Tank said:

Hi Chas, Thank you for your comments here is a photo of the Lady of the Lake without the body. I have used a High Level low loader gearbox which can fold up into various ways. In this case it is folded so that it sits under the motor(if that makes sense) one thing that I did like doing on this engine was to have the vacuum pump rod working 

IMG_20230402_234455.jpg

Lovely job and I had also seen your earlier post about the vac pump rod 🙂.

Have you had any problems running the two motors in loco and tender at the same time? Are they exactly the same type of motor and are they also the same HL gearbox and gear ratios? Double-motorising is something I have in mind for more that one future project...

• RMweb Gold

That is an incredibly appealing train. You could stop right there and it would still draw attention.

I look forward to seeing the tracks go down. Or rather, being assembled. What components will you be using for track?

• Thanks 1