RMweb

Exmoor Rail 2022 - Saturday 6th August - 10th Anniversary show - organised by The Exmoor Coast Railway Modellers

exmoordave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

A grand day out ! 

Many thanks to Dave and the rest of crew from The Exmoor Coast Railway modellers for putting on such a good event. A warm welcome and a  pleasure to be part of. 

I must extend my thanks to Chris H, Bill and Tim V for their help with my erection due a somewhat late arrival at the show,  their attention throughout the day and to Tim for taking over at lunchtime. 

I must also extend my thanks to the unknown driver of the well loaded 07 registered black estate car whose insistence on maintaining 30mph for the length of the A39 between Nether Stowey and Minehead ( irrespective of the actual speed limit) allowed me so much time to take in the views.........

Here's to next year. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I must also extend my thanks to the unknown driver of the well loaded 07 registered black estate car whose insistence on maintaining 30mph for the length of the A39 between Nether Stowey and Minehead ( irrespective of the actual speed limit) allowed me so much time to take in the views.........

They were nice views ........ I hope the view on the way back passed a little more swiftly...

Chris

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Gilbert said:

They were nice views ........ I hope the view on the way back passed a little more swiftly...

Chris

Morning Chris,

On any other day it would have been less of an issue. However, it focused the mind on arrival....and thank you once again. 

And yes, the return run was a bit more "spirited"..........

R

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Chris,

On any other day it would have been less of an issue. However, it focused the mind on arrival....and thank you once again. 

And yes, the return run was a bit more "spirited"..........

R

Would that be "spirited" as in within the "spirit" of the law...?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Would that be "spirited" as in within the "spirit" of the law...?

smiling-sheep-gary-canant.jpg.d5776f9c792eecd91eb39cc68717ebb6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

So glad I was able to get to see this brilliant show! A very high standard of modelling in abundance. Great to meet so many of you there.

Dave and his crew did a right proper job as usual. As Arnie would say. ‘I’ll be back!’

• Like 2

Many thanks to the above for your kind comments, and for coming along to support our 10th Anniversary show at the new venue. It was a pleasure to see so many friends again, whether as layout owners/operators, traders or customers. The company was good and the atmosphere warm and friendly, so thank you everyone and hope to see you again soon.

Dave

• Round of applause 2

A thoroughly superb exhibition as always! Well done to all involved. Really enjoyed my time there with Fry's Somerdale and as always was great to catch up with lots of familiar faces. As promised here my video from the event...

Saturday 6th August 2022, saw the return of Exmoor Rail host by the Exmoor Coast Railway Modellers, at their new venue The West Somerset Community College, Minehead, Somerset. 
This years line-up featured no less than 17 layouts in a variety of gauges and scales - including the second public outing for 'Fry's Somerdale', along with and excellent selection of Trade Stands and Societies. 
Layouts as featured;
BRADFORD-ON-TONE - OO
OTTERHAMPTON - N
LANANTA QUAY - 3MM FINESCALE
TEMPLEGATE WAGON WORKS - O
BLEAT WHARF - OO 
GRAVELLY OAK - N
RANNOCH - N
POLPENDRA - N
FRY'S SOMERDALE - OO
PANMAENBACH - OO
WATERSHOOT BAY - OO
ABBOTTS MORTON - OO
GLR BESPOKE SERVICES - O
WOODBURY WHARF - OO9
CHEFFLEY - OO
DUNBALL - OO
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Blimey. You made my trainset look halfway decent Callum. Thats good going considering its only halfway finished! Sound work as usual!!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Thanks for doing that shunting sequence for the camera. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, SDJR7F88 said:

Thanks for doing that shunting sequence for the camera. Looking forward to seeing the finished result!

Blimey ! How long is that shunting sequence going to take ? 

• Funny 1

Thanks to those who organised this show. It was our (Railwayscenics) first time attending with our trade stand, and we were made to feel very welcome. Thanks for the hospitality. It was good to put a face to some customers names. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1