Question on included etched plates with Bachmann models?

sanspareil

Hi Forum

Can someone with more product knowledge please advise me if OO scale Class 37 Bachmann locos come with separately fitted etched plates for all plaques?

Specifically on a subsector livery loco would that include nameplate, depot plaque and BR double arrow (or just nameplate)? Its just to help me understand what might be missing on a recent new purchase that the seller has no more of. I am very sure they come with nameplates as a minimum, cant recall on BR arrows/depot plaques.

Thanks kindly.

Edited by sanspareil

• sanspareil changed the title to Question on included etched plates with Bachmann models?

I think it depends on the exact model. I definitely have some subsector 37s that have etched double arrows and depot plaques. But Bach went through a period of dropping all etched plaques and has started again now with nameplates… but not sure if they have with other plaques

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Probably best to say which loco it is you have, someone here will have it and be able to confirm.

Sure. Its 37706 Conidae. Seems that this came from the same era as 37068 that had no plates. The era when Bachmann decided to not include anything for a while it seems! So it seems my model is indeed probably not missing anything unless anyone can advise otherwise. I have spoken to Brian at Shawplan and has good stocks of what i need for the loco. A cost i didnt expect but hey ho.

Edited by sanspareil

Ditto mine - this was the first Bach 37 I bought that didn’t come with plates so remember the surprise at time.  I do like the extra plates but have noticed on a few recent releases that the printing is so good they look like separate plates!  I felt this with the new EWS class 90 and also with the Collector’s Club 57307

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 13:13, sanspareil said:

Sure. Its 37706 Conidae. Seems that this came from the same era as 37068 that had no plates. The era when Bachmann decided to not include anything for a while it seems! So it seems my model is indeed probably not missing anything unless anyone can advise otherwise. I have spoken to Brian at Shawplan and has good stocks of what i need for the loco. A cost i didnt expect but hey ho.

Thank you for the question. It prompted me to dig my model out and do something about it. Likely Bachmann didn’t want to add to the cost by providing etched nameplates, depot plaques and BR double arrows. I got them from Fox Transfers (£18·85 inc. next day post) and I’m very pleased with the result. The nameplate is smaller than the printed one, so the latter had to be removed.

• Like 1