PowerCab question...

meatloaf

Getting used to this powercab just about

Ive got several locos and i like to switch between them. So leave one loco running with sound and lights on, then use another loco for shunting. No issue so far - but if i then reselect the first loco i find the speed is back at 0 and all the lights and sound are off and sometimes directions wrong as well.

With the prodigy i had before when i went back to a previous loco it would be exactly as i left it, can i not do this with the powercab?

Yes you can.

The manual is quite daunting isn't it? It needs to be to cover all the things the system can do.

By default, the Powercab stores 2 locos in the "recall stack" as mentioned above. This can be increased to 6. You can cycle through them by pressing Recall & all functions are left running.

To increase the Recall Stack from 2 to 6: 

Press Prog/Esc until the option is "Set Cab Params"

Press Enter until the option is something like "No. of Recalls". You can choose 1-6.

I found that once I increased the recall stack to 6, I liked the fact that anything new would be reset when I added it.

There is a good reason for it to zero all settings when adding/re-adding a loco to the stack: The system cannot read them so if anything is on, (lights, sound, movement etc.) there is no way for it to know so you cannot see from the display what the settings are. You could then be turning functions off when you think you are turning them on. If you have sound, you don't know which sounds are playing. You could have 4 unused sound channels set to on & wonder why you can't switch on any more.

NCE's solution to this is to send a command to zero everything when you select it, which is what you are finding a pain.

That does not really answer your question though. If you still want to leave things set to "on" when you re-add locos to your stack, you can do the following

Press Esc until SET COMMAND STATION appears on the screen.

Press Enter to go through the different options SELECT LOCO REFRESH is the option you want to change. Default is Y (1) but if you really don't like it, try N (0).

• Informative/Useful 2

There is another way if the loco you want to select is not in the Recall Stack. but only if you have Firmware 1.65b in the Throttle.

There is a setting that prevents the resetting of a loco's chip. I have added it into my old Power Cab Handbook.

If you do not have 1.65b Firmware, a new chip can be had from the likes of CoastalDCC. It's easy to fit.

This will also give you the 6 Recalls.

Dave.

20220706_181212.jpg

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Like 1

• AY Mod changed the title to PowerCab question...