Class 37 Intercity Transfers

• RMweb Gold

Is anyone aware of a source of transfers for the Intercity logos on a class 37 (particularly 37510), I have of course looked at Railtec / Fox / Modelmaster and as far as I can see none of them produce what I need.)

I have a set of the Fox Intercity transfers which has 3 different sizes, but the smallest on there is still far too big when held up against the model.  If there is nothing else I have a feeling that the largest size of the logo in N Gauge would be pretty close, so if anyone has a sheet it would be really helpful if I could have the length / width of them please

Foolishly thought these would be easy to come by before doing the repaint of 510...

On 15/07/2022 at 15:43, The Fatadder said:

Is anyone aware of a source of transfers for the Intercity logos on a class 37 (particularly 37510), I have of course looked at Railtec / Fox / Modelmaster and as far as I can see none of them produce what I need.)

I have a set of the Fox Intercity transfers which has 3 different sizes, but the smallest on there is still far too big when held up against the model.  If there is nothing else I have a feeling that the largest size of the logo in N Gauge would be pretty close, so if anyone has a sheet it would be really helpful if I could have the length / width of them please

Foolishly thought these would be easy to come by before doing the repaint of 510...

How tall do they need to be in mm?

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/07/2022 at 15:43, The Fatadder said:

If you can source one, the size you require is on the Howes INTERCITY sheet along with suitable black No's.

• RMweb Gold

I have just decided to do a repaint of 31454 in Intercity livery and I have the same problem. I already had the Fox sheet with 3 different sizes but as mentioned above the smallest is still far too big. 
I don’t know if the wording would be the same size for 31 and 37 but similar for sure. Hopefully someone will reply and  give us a direction to look in.

I'm already working on a new stock item for the Intercity 37s which has the brandings and reflective swallows, which is probably not too far off. As is the Railtec way, I import square-on photos of all the locos to get the number spacing (incl any wonky digits) bang on per the real things, rather than just bang out a sheet of numbers with "standard" spacing.

Have noted Andy7's comment about 31454 so I'll see if it makes sense to dovetail that into the same pack (and 31128). The Intercity branding is different of course but I'll need to check if the swallow is the same size as on the 37s. Often the case that a new would-be pack might seem like a 30 minute job, but the more you research, the more quirks you find. Still, it's worth getting it bang on because chances are you or someone else will be looking at these models you're making for a very long time to come.

• Like 3