Midland Railway Distance Diagrams

I am told that Volume 4 of this publication, which I do not have, covers the S&DJR.

I wondered if anyone had a copy and if so could provide me with a copy of the page(s) covering Corfe Mullen Junction please?

Bailey Gate station also would be a welcome addition, but not essential :-)

Thanks !

• RMweb Premium
On 19/07/2022 at 19:06, RailWest said:

I wondered if anyone had a copy and if so could provide me with a copy of the page(s) covering Corfe Mullen Junction please?

Bailey Gate station also would be a welcome addition, but not essential :-)

See PM.

Thanks for that :-)

However, it would appear now that the specific entry that I was seeking - the opening date for Corfe Mullen Junction itself as quoted by Tony Cooke - was in 'updates page 37', whatever that is...

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, RailWest said:

Thanks for that :-)

However, it would appear now that the specific entry that I was seeking - the opening date for Corfe Mullen Junction itself as quoted by Tony Cooke - was in 'updates page 37', whatever that is...

The Distance Diagrams give geographical, not historical, information. 

For the Midland Railway itself, there is John Gough's Chronology. That's not a work I have, so I can't say if it covers joint lines.

5 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

The Distance Diagrams give geographical, not historical, information. 

For the Midland Railway itself, there is John Gough's Chronology. That's not a work I have, so I can't say if it covers joint lines.

That's what I assumed. I shall to have investigate further...

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, peterfgf said:

The RCHS have the Midland distance diagrams available to view on their website (not download).  I think you have to be member to access them.

Peterfgf.

Also, as I wrote to Chris in my PM, a full set of scans of the Distance Diagrams is accessible on the Midland Railway Study Centre website, in the members' area. Membership of the Midland Railway Society is £20 per annum - hardly more than you would pay for a second-hand copy of one of the Peter Kay volumes, once you've added in postage! To join: https://www.midlandrailway.org.uk/how-to-join/. The Study Centre holds a variety of interesting material relating to the S&DJR.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1