Can't change loco address on z21

Zoli

I don't have another command station to try them.

I went through the unlock on 3 of the decoders but no use. Also looked up the manual of the only Train Omatic decoders I have with the same result.

How could I identify if I have a problem with the decoders or with the unit itself?

Shall i get a brand new specific decoder? 

SORTED! 

I took 2 of my locos to a shop where they checked them and they were all good. They gave a tip what could casue the issue.

I connected the to the track with a standard power track, It turnes out there is a suppressor in the power track which prevents the programming signals to go through as they are much weaker than controlling signals. I tried now without it and it worked straight away. 

I feel really embarassed as this was the only part I did not check or change and should have thought about.

I must say that was a good learning curve.

I hope this info can help someone in the future.

Thanks for everyone taking the time and try to solve my issue.

Zoli

• Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Zoli said:

SORTED! 

I took 2 of my locos to a shop where they checked them and they were all good. They gave a tip what could casue the issue.

I connected the to the track with a standard power track, It turnes out there is a suppressor in the power track which prevents the programming signals to go through as they are much weaker than controlling signals. I tried now without it and it worked straight away. 

I feel really embarassed as this was the only part I did not check or change and should have thought about.

You shouldn't have any track clips or power connectors with suppressors in them - get rid of all of them, or chop the suppression parts from the clips.   
They also mess the regular DCC signal up.  And they mess the signal even if "on the rails", with the power coming into the track from another connection.  

It took a long time, but the answer was found which is good.  

Edited by Nigelcliffe