G Gauge German Coaches branded Trains

From memory, they appeared on the market about 10-12 or so years ago and were originally branded as Newquida but later changed to the "Train" name.  There was a radio controlled DR narrow gauge loco that was generally worth avoiding according to the comments at the time, but I bought several items of their rolling stock for kitbashing purposes over the years.

There is a 4-wheel tank wagon (which I didn't bother with), a long wheelbase 4-wheel box van, a pair of low sided bogie open wagons and the passenger coach.

As regards the paseenger coaches, they lend themselves to being used for rather drastic rebuilding projects!

The basic coach....

rG205.jpg.f09856a5f35d9bb047a374323c30597b.jpg

After some reuse of body sections and bogies/other parts from two of them along with some plasticard produced these coaches......

rG194.jpg.1521bb4213a8f899db78a072b8ca848b.jpg

A slightly less drastic conversion job produced this saloon coach.......

rG302.jpg.4662cfd62c4dafc3f3220269c0541815.jpg

rG303.jpg.37ddcd5e683f740436dff8c876d6f4ba.jpg

The blue bogie van at the front of the train is one of their 4-wheel vans lengthened and placed on one of their bogie open wagon chassis......

rG301.jpg.59274e266f6cd5b9ac3dcf1a86f5d5c3.jpg

G304.jpg.93dcd192af67587c08cc14134118d5e5.jpg

Edited by Johann Marsbar
added photo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

If you are on Facebook, there is a private group for these models, which shows more of the range, and some modifications, Look for

Newquida G Gauge trains. 

I have a couple of their coaches bought around 7 years ago, only mod done was replacing the plastic wheels with metal ones, due to house move, untouched since! 

• RMweb Premium

They are basically Chinese knock-offs of LGB models, at literally a tiny fraction of the price.

The introduction of these, and the ensuing argument between LGB Fan-boys and the bargain hunters that bought them brought down the G Scale Mad forum at the time.  It got real, real nasty, seriously out of control.  The lad that ran it eventually gave up as personal threats were being made against him and his family - nice lad too.

The forum survived under new ownership, but was never the same afterwards.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

Newquida loco is a HSB one, as are possibly the coaches

Loco is the unique Harz 2-6-2 6001 (meant to be the prototype for a class but as it was built in 1939 plans changed!)

The coaches are the 750mm gauge Saxon ones so more appropriate for the LGB Saxon Meyer, SOEG 2-10-2, 0-10-0 or the little model of the Saxon 0-6-0 replica. 

As Neil notes they are rip offs of the LGB ones but still decent plastic although probably not UV proof so ideally store out of the sun or repaint them. I agree don’t mention to LGB fans they get very upset 🤨

But especially since the investment bank took over LGB the stock is a decent way to get a reasonable price train. 
I made a RhB cattle train with a few mods and some home made transfers. 

G scale locos sold

• Like 2