The best layout I have ever seen.

David Bigcheeseplant

I can't say too much at the moment although its Great Central & Metropolitan, everything is scratch built and the builder as far as I am aware is not a known name, the builder only lives around two miles from me.

I took a few photos on my camera and also on my mobile but I can't down load them from my mobile at the moment which is so frustrating.

David

It would take a lot to beat Hursley!wink.gif

Martin's attention to detail is legendary!

Have a look at the shadow under the basket, one part of the building (on the far right) and the roof tiles.

Welchy would spend hours trying to elimante anything that suggested model!

I can remember years ago, when he owned the Blue Peter (model railway shop in Plymouth and a tea stop)!! He coloured a sheet of paper two different shades, on top and below then adapted a leather hole punch to make 7mm oak leaves as he had noticed that they were different hues on each side. After about a week of punching he was well pleased to have a small bag of 'real oak leaves!'

When I asked how he was going to ensure that each leaf went on the right way up he was suddenly despondent! He hadn't thought about it!

A return visit for a cuppa and he revealed he was going to stick each leaf on individually!! Knowuing Martin, he probably did!blink.gif

It is stunning tho and I cant wait to see more, so await my MRJ with baited breath!

ps I have also been very lucky. smile.gif

My job sometimes allows me a glimpse into peoples very private worlds and have seen at least 2 layouts that were simply stunning, both in 7mm. Their owners were totally unknown, still are and plough their own furrow. There's no chance of the layouts ever appearing in any mag or show and as at least one owner is in his 80's by now, I wonder what will happen to the layout when the go to the big shunting yard in the sky.

It would take a lot to beat Hursley!

Martin's attention to detail is legendary!

Have a look at the shadow under the basket, one part of the building (on the far right) and the roof tiles.

Welchy would spend hours trying to elimante anything that suggested model!

The photos I took were just on my mobile and compact camera, and were just free hand, so it was just a quick point and shoot without setting anything up. I am sure any imperfections with be corrected before a proper shoot. but the model is something else, there may be something as a taster in the next MRJ.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Archived