Unknown posts on platform and fence

shed64a

Hi,

My research for my current layout build has thrown up posts on a platform and fence that I haven’t been able to identify.  I’ve cropped the posts in question and hope someone can help.

it looks like the same thing just at either end of the platform area.  It is from Loanhead, which was a North British station.  The photos are from around 1959ish.

5E2E3A4F-A385-4766-87FB-A3B4AD38389B.jpeg

2FA0C2A0-606D-4398-8DD1-2D6F50A603D7.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A couple more photos, on Disused Stations:

http://disused-stations.org.uk/l/loanhead/loanhead(lynn_ag_ellis4.1955)old4.jpg

http://disused-stations.org.uk/l/loanhead/loanhead(lynn_ag_ellis4.1955)old3.jpg

7 hours ago, roythebus1 said:

Single-line token catchers.

Devices used where non-stop through running was common, which does not, as far as I can see, fit the nature of the line.

• Like 1

Yes, sorry that was an oversimplification. Very common (universal ?) on pre-grouping Scottish railways, certainly the CR, G&SWR, and NBR used them, not sure about the GNoSR and HR but I'd be surprised if they didn't. Used by the LSWR and S&DJR in England but I've no idea about any others. 

I need to build 4 for my 4mm G&SWR/CR empire and I'm not looking forward to it. LMS discs are so much easier ! 

• Like 1

Thanks again to everyone for pointing me in the right direction.

The kit linked above looks great, I’m doing this in N so it’s probably a job for the 3D printer.  Thankfully A.A.Maclean’s book “A pictorial record of LNER constituent signalling” has some drawings which will be a great help.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 12:15, Wheatley said:

Yes, sorry that was an oversimplification. Very common (universal ?) on pre-grouping Scottish railways, certainly the CR, G&SWR, and NBR used them, not sure about the GNoSR and HR but I'd be surprised if they didn't. Used by the LSWR and S&DJR in England but I've no idea about any others. 

I need to build 4 for my 4mm G&SWR/CR empire and I'm not looking forward to it. LMS discs are so much easier ! 

But slightly different in design (as was most Stevens stuff depending if it came from the London or Glasgow works).