Instructions for an Alan Gibson O2

Yes,  not  readily accessible  though.  From  memory:  both  low  cab  and  high  cab  side  etches  are  included  for  the  tanks.

Also  cab  toolboxes  are  included (at  the  rear  of  the  side  tanks  in  the  cab),  these  have  a  wood  grain  effect  etched  on  the  tops.

Also  included  is  the  small  tool  cupboard  mounted  on  the  the  rear cab  wall  above   the  coal  hole.

Different  optional  parts  for  chimney  and  smokebox  door.

Nothing  in  the  kit  to  represent  injectors and  pipework  behind  the  cab  steps  and  nothing  for the  steam  manifold in  front  of  the  cab.

Pete

• Thanks 1

As Pete notes, pretty much all the variants were included (but no parts list was included - mine had various minor bits missing which I only discovered through reading the text).

As I remember the instructions weren't great though (the drawing of the cab interior turned out to be from a J15 with the screw reverse tippexed out on the original, for example - there's no reversing lever in the box or the instructions), but it's a reasonable basis for an O2. 

Adam

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Adam said:

As Pete notes, pretty much all the variants were included (but no parts list was included - mine had various minor bits missing which I only discovered through reading the text).

As I remember the instructions weren't great though (the drawing of the cab interior turned out to be from a J15 with the screw reverse tippexed out on the original, for example - there's no reversing lever in the box or the instructions), but it's a reasonable basis for an O2. 

Adam

Just be wary that the tube supplied for the boiler doesn’t fit between the tank sides and the smoke box is wrong. I’ve built one in p4 and with a bit of work the kit makes a nice model 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, ullypug said:

Just be wary that the tube supplied for the boiler doesn’t fit between the tank sides and the smoke box is wrong. I’ve built one in p4 and with a bit of work the kit makes a nice model 

Thanks, do you still have the instructions by any chance? - By the way I don't like the tube boilers, they are a pain to solder so prefer to roll my own. 

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Thanks, do you still have the instructions by any chance? - By the way I don't like the tube boilers, they are a pain to solder so prefer to roll my own. 

That’s what I did.

I’ll have a look for the instructions when I’m back home. I did a blog of the build here on RMWEB (it’s the middle one in my signature footer) but as it’s over 10 years ago the photos didn’t survive the recent hosting change.

• Thanks 1