Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

MEE on "Pool Flashes" on Class 31s.

18B

Hi, on a pic on flickr I noticed an unidentified Class 31 at Warrington Bank Quay 23-5-89 with a the flashes under the cab winder having the Letters MEE, presumably Mechanical and Electrical Engineer? I've seen other Class 31s along with Class 20s and some other Classes with, LMR, ER, WR, AR etc on them to denote that they were part of that region's Civil Engineer's Fleet, but never seen one with the MEE leters...? anyone any ideas on how many had this?

Here's the link 31-125 and an unidentified rail blue sister on the Up loo… | Flickr

Edited by 18B

• RMweb Premium

I presume you mean this one:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/73789322@N04/47527512491/in/photolist-2mchQpw-TgB9RN-2fpQVCx/

It is quite a distinctive one, unrefurbished, badly dented and still with metal bands and most importantly of all, the buffer beam shrouds in place so a bit of searching may locate it elsewhere.

Edited by John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Found another one, 31323:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98587546@N00/4078289880/in/photolist-dESUcq-iau2tt-2kSkiSv-r7zwWg-nr17F6-kid7jj-cXFimW-PgNUV1-bXcqvu-dJnHms-2m2dUQn-2iZ2kS3-pR82mR-dxfkuW-nCjqfw-ftRSw9-ta3V5y-85Vdw8-8HoVLe-8Hs41L-bqstWt-28946dy-bqstRK-7doiuL-aDC45q-dbajuH-aLdwUZ-2kDQGCv-fAHCAH-aDyeeH-aDyhP6-aDCbd7

Pretty much anything still in rail blue and in 1989 (Using my Platform 5 Combined Volume off of which I just blew off the dust) in pool DWCQ which was Departmental (M&EE) Headquarters could be a potential candidate for carrying a blue MEE brand.

• Like 3