How do you add a custom gauge in Templot

Greg Grover

HI from down under .Queensland .

I would like to add a custom gauge in Templot for my new Queensland Rail layout

It Sn3.5 gauge .16.5mm with 33mm long x 3.5mm wide x 1.5mm deep sleepers and 9.5mm spacing using Peco code 100 HO rail .

How do I do it ?

Greg

Edited by Greg Grover

Hi Greg,

You'll probably get a much better answer if you post your question at the Templot website

https://85a.uk/templot/club/index.php?whats-new/

However, in the Gauges pull down go to Other Gauges and if you can't find what you want there you will see you can create a custom gauge/scale.

For the timber dimensions go to "real - timbering - timbering data....." and you'll find a table that you can fill in. You'll have to convert back up to real size dimensions based on the scale you are using.

Cheers!

Andy

• Greg Grover changed the title to How do you add a custom gauge in Templot33.338mm long x 3.572mm wide x 1.786 deep
  • Greg Grover changed the title to How do you add a custom gauge in Templot

Andy I tried to Register but just get this

Oops! We ran into some problems.

Your account has been rejected for the following reason: Your registration has been rejected as it resembles spam-like or automated behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance..

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Greg Grover said:

Andy I tried to Register but just get this

Oops! We ran into some problems.

Your account has been rejected for the following reason: Your registration has been rejected as it resembles spam-like or automated behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance..

Hi Greg,

Sorry you had problems. I have removed the block on your account and you can now log in using the user name and password which you registered. Welcome to the Templot Club forum. 🙂

I have sent you an email.

cheers,

Martin.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, AndyID said:

For the timber dimensions go to "real - timbering - timbering data....." and you'll find a table that you can fill in. You'll have to convert back up to real size dimensions based on the scale you are using.

@Greg Grover @AndyID

Hi Greg, Andy,

It's not necessary to do that if you prefix the dimension with a letter s -- you can then enter the scaled model dimensions. For example for your 33mm sleepers you can enter s33

But this works only if you have first set your model scale. You didn't mention that, but I'm guessing it is 1:64 S scale.

To create a custom gauge/scale, got to gauge > other gauges... menu item and click one of the set custom... buttons at the top left.

To save your timbering sizes -- this is not part of a custom gauge setting. Instead create a library template containing the settings. You can then pick whichever one you want from the library viewer. For example sidings often have the sleepers more widely spaced than the main running lines.

More info on Templot Club.

cheers,

Martin.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

@Greg Grover @AndyID

Hi Greg, Andy,

It's not necessary to do that if you prefix the dimension with a letter s -- you can then enter the scaled model dimensions. For example for your 33mm sleepers you can enter s33

But this works only if you have first set your model scale. You didn't mention that, but I'm guessing it is 1:64 S scale.

To create a custom gauge/scale, got to gauge > other gauges... menu item and click one of the set custom... buttons at the top left.

To save your timbering sizes -- this is not part of a custom gauge setting. Instead create a library template containing the settings. You can then pick whichever one you want from the library viewer. For example sidings often have the sleepers more widely spaced than the main running lines.

More info on Templot Club.

cheers,

Martin.

Thanks Martin,

Yet another feature in Templot I should have known about 😀

I was actually quite impressed that I at least knew one way to do get there!

Cheers,

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AndyID said:

Thanks Martin,

Yet another feature in Templot I should have known about 😀

Thanks Andy.

Here you go. No-one ever reads this stuff. I wrote it in the last century! 🙂

input_conversions1.png.b5c6e036b1b994955c08fe88e26401bc.png

input_conversions2.png.7411f5b85cfb5a925272f78386f7c02c.png

cheers,

Martin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

I've yet to install Templot on my Win 11 machine, so have to ask if TT120 is already there?

I can obviously create following the instructions above, if not.

Thought I'd ask 👍

Hi Tim,

Been there for 20 years:

tt120.png.00e5ce8f735741b7fb6d88864812b900.png

It's called TT-120 in Templot as it always has been. Peco and Hornby have changed to calling it TT:120 for some reason.

Note that the above gets you UK-scaled timbering sizes and spacings by default and UK prototype pointwork designs. You would need to change the settings if you want to model USA or Continental trackwork.

Templot is for hand-built track. If you are looking to use the Peco or Hornby pointwork I suggest using AnyRail instead. I'm sure David Hoogvorst will soon have the Hornby TT:120 geometry in AnyRail, if not already.

cheers,

Martin.

• Thanks 1