Any chance of offering an alternative payment method instead of cheques

muddys-blues

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BernardTPM said:

Do they accept cheques and Postal Orders though? 😈

(Playing Devil's advocate)

Looking at it paying cash in is via the Post office for 0.7% (£3 min). Cheques under a £1000 are via an app and over a £1000 are via a Freepost service. 

I've done an enquiry and the cost of an account with equal services (which I use) is more than I am currently paying.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Surely it's entirely up to 'one-man-band' businesses as to how they accept payments. I still use a cheque book very occasionally for such things. All those who have bank accounts can request one.

Obviously this would not apply to overseas purchasers. For that, the answer is uncertain unfortunately.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Ultimately it should be for the seller to decide what payment methods they will accept and for the purchaser to decide whether or not to buy.

If a seller wants cash or a cheque then that's their prerogative. If a buyer decides they can't be bothered mailing cheques then that's their prerogative.

It is what it is. I do think it is always worth asking, but we also have to accept it if a seller isn't interested in things like card payment or bank transfers.

• Agree 1