BOB rolling stock in HOm

vectispete

I am building Interlaken Ost station (or at least as much of it that will fit into my garage!) circa 1970s and have started to purchase BLS and SBB stock to suit. I have many SBB Brunig items already but only have one BOB railcar and one coach.

Does anyone know of a source of BOB stock somewhere that I can purchase? I have trawled the 'net but alas to no avail

Pete

I had considered repainting Brunig coaches - much more available. The livery of my chosen period is a simple cream top-brown bottom livery. I would have to find decals to suit which may be difficult.

I would like a few railcars which I think may be harder to find/convert. The one I do have is a H-R-F model no. 303.

I will keep searching and surfing.

41 minutes ago, vectispete said:

I had considered repainting Brunig coaches - much more available. The livery of my chosen period is a simple cream top-brown bottom livery. I would have to find decals to suit which may be difficult.

It shouldn't be difficult to get someone to custom print some decals. the text was not white which is 

I'm not sure however I think I recall that the BOB letters on the sides of some of those Brown and Cream locos were raised silver rather than painted cream or brown. 

Once again (a different form to the other day!) I find myself suggesting Herr Nothaft. I've always had good service. He does bespoke to order so may be able to help.

https://www.modellbahndecals.de/

He has the 'B' in the correct font on his SBB catalogue decals:

https://www.modellbahndecals.de/Decals-Personenwagen/Komplettbeschriftungen-76/Epoche-169/andere-Bahnen/-Nassschiebebilder--Personenwagen-Komplettbeschriftung-ABt--SBB--Epoche-4--Artikel-Nummer--7971-.html

• Informative/Useful 1

14 hours ago, vectispete said:

I would like a few railcars which I think may be harder to find/convert. The one I do have is a H-R-F model no. 303.

I will keep searching and surfing.

These pictures from 2004 may interest you...

You will see that in 2004, old brown, new brown, blue/yellow and Brunig red coaches were all in service on the BOB at the same time.

004_1.JPG

007_4.JPG

010_7.JPG

015_12.JPG

Edited by Gordonwis
  • Like 3

Tremendous photos

I am modelling 1970s so they are all a little after the period I am looking for.

I do have a photo of a BOB coach within a green coached Brunig train. I think both companies helped each other out. I have never seen a red brunig coach in a BOB train before.

17 hours ago, Legend said:

I always thought it a shame when they when they changed from Brown and Cream to the bright blue and yellow . The old scheme was much classier

Agreed, but at least their newest trains have some style to them, the WAB ones in recent years look like the bodywork was done to the cheapest budget possible