European steam sound chips

11B

Hi,

Just hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help/advice please?

I have a Hornby Electrotren E0039 Sharp Stewart 0-6-0 Industrial Steam Loco. It takes a 6 pin decoder, but would anybody happen to know if or where I would be able to get a sound chip from that would be suitable for this loco?

Google hasn't been much use to me...

Thanks in advance.

Ian

You could buy a Zimo decoder and get one of the projects installed by the supplier. The Zimo sound database is at ZIMO Sound Database and Digitrains will be able to supply the decoder and install the file for you.

EDIT - I should have also said that if you have a Z21 controller, then you can install the sound project onto the decoder yourself 😀

Edited by WIMorrison
  • Like 1

Hi Ian and Iain,

This Sharp Stewart loco was exported to Spain to the Triano Railway. There is a bit of info here about its later life shunting in Pasajes Docks (ex-Triano), with a very nice photo. Presumably it worked on the Triano railway prior to its time at the docks.

I found a list of locos used on the Triano Railway, but this loco (030-0232) was missing :- Triano Railway Stock List

The reason for this digging into the prototype history was meant to make it easier to find a sound file. I am not sure if there are any good suppliers of Spanish steam sounds and this loco was an industrial loco and probably not recorded. You might be better off asking around in a forum for industrial locos.

I think you would have to look for a similar 0-6-0 saddle tank sound file as a compromise. One possibility would be the J94, and you can get a sound file on a ZIMO decoder from Youchoos using this link. Others can comment if the sound of this loco would be anything like the much older Sharp Stewart loco, as there is a big difference in years when these 2 saddle tanks were produced.

Regards
John

• Like 1

Hi Iain and John,

Many thanks for your responses.

I think, well know that there will be a big difference in the sound as I worked on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite railway when FR20 was there. Granted it's an 0-4-0, but the sound was completely different to the Austerity (J94's) that were or are there.

I guess that another option may be if someone has recorded FR20!

Thanks again

Ian