Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Pontefract show January 28th and 29th 2023 the return finally

Richard Scott

It is with great pleasure NPRMS would finally like to say we are back, after the pandemic, we lost our clubrooms and we’re awaiting confirmation from New college on the facilities available.

please bob this in your diaries and we look forward to seeing you at the best show in Pontefract on the last weekend of January 2023

venue

New College

Park Lane

Pontefract

WF8 4QR

when

Sat 28th Jan 2023 10am - 5pm

Sun 29th Jan 2023 10am - 4:30pm

£8 admission  accompanied children (2 max) under 16 free.

Confirmed layouts.

Grange Lane 7mm

Hillport Goods  7mm

Bury Thorn and Sons Ltd   7mm

Ceddesfield Halt   7mm

Johnston Quarry   7mm

Edenbridge  Town 4mm

Kingsbey    4mm

Splott   4mm

Kyle of Macallan   4mm

Back ut Shed  4mm

Marsh Green  4mm

Kensley 4mm

Neuberg   3.5mm

Chicago 31st Yard   3.5mm

Nordhafen   3.5mm

North Road  2mm

Callaton    2mm f/s

Annerley   2mm

Thomas    oo

Lego       n/a

Confirmed Traders.

Contikits

Anoraks anonymous

Rail Riders

Todmorden model supplies

JS models

MMR model kits

G M Books

Uncommon kits

Signal man

Wensleydale Railway

North Yorkshire Moors

Back on Track

Club 2nd hand stand

Millenium models

European railways Association

Prince of Wales Hospice

Sawyers Models

Confirmed Demonstrations.

Bob Dawson Buildings

MIOG - Modern Image O Gauge

2mm finescale association 

further updates will follow.

Thanks

Richard Scott

Chairman and Secretary.

Edited by Richard Scott
layouts traders and demos added.
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Set up day for this weekend’s Model Railway Show at New College, Pontefract… see you all tomorrow or Sunday… 

Remember it’s Cash only on the door and in the Cafe  - there are various ATM’s in Pontefract Town Centre and at Asda in Glasshoughton. 

55EF29A8-D656-4702-8666-73394CFF41AF.jpeg

Edited by N A Hughes
Updated to include cafe on cash only
  • Like 2

There is a group of five of us travelling to Pontefract on Sunday, but only two of us will be going in to the exhibition.

The others would like to have a coffee etc in the cafe - can they do this without having to pay to get into the show?

Cheers,

Graham

• RMweb Gold

Pontecarlo awaits in the morning.

Always a great show in a good venue.

Are hot pork pies, mushy peas and mint sauce available? 

Food of the Gods! 😋 *

Cheers,

Mark 

* And worshippers of Omeprazole...😉

Parking is available, in three car parks next to and in front of the sports hall and the top carpark just past the main buildings heading towards Featherstone, if these are full parking can be found in Pontefract park a short walk away.

the cafe will be serving both hot and cold food and beverages to which I do remember seeing pork pies on the menu iirc.

thanks,

Richard

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

200+ parking places in the park. The Parkrun community should be gone by 10:30. In addition, there are another 200 places around the racecourse buildings which are accessed from the park. These are all proper tarmac standings and even the furthest is less than a ten minute walk from the college. The grass is VERY soft this year please keep off!! Weather is perfect looking forward to seeing you.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, doilum said:

Ok, I am biased, but this is a good show. It's good to be back. If you haven't been today there is still tomorrow!

Don't forget the cash. We will join the twenty first century next year.

Well I've had a very pleasant day.

Came over on the train(s) this morning, nice walk in the sunshine over the racecourse up from Glasshoughton station (a good mile at least I would say,) some very nice, well presented layouts, of which 2 have particularly sent me away with a head full of ideas. Nice bit of cake and a coffee in the cafe whilst talking with an old friend from Bradford and making two new ones . Back for a second look at the aforementioned layouts and a really good chat with John and Rachel from Uncommon Kits whom I haven't seen for a few years due to obvious circumstances.

The exhibition seemed to be very well attended for the 4 hrs or so that I was there and the two halls and cafe were well signposted (not an issue to me as I've been many times before.) Very nice to see this exhibition back on the calendar and thanks to the organisers for making it happen.

Would have liked to have introduced myself to you @doilum but not sure who you are and forgot to ask before I set off ... maybe next year.

Best wishes for tomorrow.

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Forgot to mention the trade who were well represented, they didn't manage to part me with any of my cash today but only because I'm a bit overwhelmed with models and books at the moment ... and also unusually for me a bit short of cash this month and so had a very select, limited shopping list with me which had a couple of old 'stock' items that are a bit hard to find at the moment. Plenty of other people seemed to be parting with theirs !

Regards,

Ian.

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Forgot to mention the trade who were well represented, they didn't manage to part me with any of my cash today but only because I'm a bit overwhelmed with models and books at the moment ... and also unusually for me a bit short of cash this month and so had a very select, limited shopping list with me which had a couple of old 'stock' items that are a bit hard to find at the moment. Plenty of other people seeto be parting with theirs !

Regards,

Ian.

Great idea walking up from Glasshoughton. Chance of a cheeky pint in 'spoons on the way home too!

• Agree 1

A good exhibition but no signposting anywhere to the show (due to myopic local council not the organisers).

Very annoying there wasn't more signage about car parks.

Lots of trade at the show which was very good and varied, catering good and inexpensive.

The organisers need to get the website going  for next years show.

• RMweb Premium

Travelled over from Lancaster to Huddersfield on Friday evening, visited the show today, very enjoyable with good layouts and decent food.  Had long chats with some of the operators and came home with lots of ideas.  Well worth the trip.