RAILEX (Aylesbury) 27th & 28th May 2023

David Bigcheeseplant

Just now, Southernfrance said:

Sensible decision, shame about the late notice from the venue though. See you next year!

Dave

Due to Covid and last years double booking this will be the first Railex since 2019 and we were keen to make sure Railex happened this year, we had the floor plan done in the original hall space and final letters were just about to send out final detail packs when we had the news last Thursday,  to say it was a problem a few  weeks before the show would be a understatement! We spent last Saturday measuring out the floor and working out how we can put the show on, but we think in a few days have managed to do the best we can and still have a fantastic show  with only two layouts less than we originally planned. 

• Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
On 20/04/2023 at 14:57, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Due to Covid and last years double booking this will be the first Railex since 2019 and we were keen to make sure Railex happened this year, we had the floor plan done in the original hall space and final letters were just about to send out final detail packs when we had the news last Thursday,  to say it was a problem a few  weeks before the show would be a understatement! We spent last Saturday measuring out the floor and working out how we can put the show on, but we think in a few days have managed to do the best we can and still have a fantastic show  with only two layouts less than we originally planned. 

Look on the bright side, at least you weren't offered the swimming pool!

That really would send you off the deep end.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

That's something that would not have kept the show afloat.

At the end of the weekend I'm sure the traders tills float will be  positive with the organising club's finances being buoyant when all is totted up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/04/2023 at 10:29, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Regrettably it has not been possible to include everybody and we have had to withdraw invitations to Beijiao by Paul Stapleton and James Street by Steve Wright. We are grateful to both for their understanding in this unfortunate situation forced on us by circumstances beyond our control. Both layouts have been invited to attend in 2024.

Speaking as the owner of BEIJIAO, I am honoured it has been mentioned in the same breath James Street which I consider to be the best N gauge layout I've ever seen in well over 50 years of attending exhibitions. I am looking forward to seeing it in 2024.

• Friendly/supportive 2

With only a few weeks to this years show, we are sorting out the final details. The café will be available for Railex visitors in the main stadium, plus there is an outside seating area directly outside our hall.

We have had to squeeze the gangways down to 7 feet so the show may not feel as spacious as in previous years but we still think we have got a great show on offer.

We will post up our vintage bus timetable as soon as we know the train times which is dependent on the FA cup play offs.

We have some new traders on board this year, including Squires, WWW scenics, Premo, Prickley Pear, Stoneybridge Models, Brushes 4 Models, Dingo & Servo Mounts

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 04/05/2023 at 10:32, David Bigcheeseplant said:

We will post up our vintage bus timetable as soon as we know the train times which is dependent on the FA cup play offs.

I see from the Chiltern railways website that services via Amersham are limited to one per hour in order to provide more capacity to Wembley.

Andrew

Attached details for available free car parking at Railex on 27th & 28th May.  When parking in the overflow car park, please ensure that you receive a ticket and follow the directions of our stewards, otherwise you could be charged.

Railex 2023 Parking_001.jpg

Railex 2023 Parking_002.jpg

Edited by gazzaday
Photos did not upload properly.
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 22/05/2023 at 13:11, gazzaday said:

Attached details for available free car parking at Railex on 27th & 28th May.  When parking in the overflow car park, please ensure that you receive a ticket and follow the directions of our stewards, otherwise you could be charged.

Railex 2023 Parking.doc 575 kB · 54 downloads

Doesn't open for me I'm afraid.  Hoping to be there on Sunday with 3 others.

4 hours ago, gazzaday said:

I've changed it to a jpeg.  Hopefully, you can see it now.

Thanks, hope we arrive early enough to get an easy space!  One of our party is currently in hospital so it may only be 2!  He will, however, be phoning a shopping list to me so at least 2 traders will be pleased.

• RMweb Gold
On 22/05/2023 at 13:11, gazzaday said:

Railex 2023 Parking_001.jpg

Railex 2023 Parking_002.jpg

Does this mean that we visitors can't park were we usually park - in the car park outlined in green?

A long day with a 4 hour drive from Darlington but layout up (Charwelton-into the 80’s) and operators safely tucked up after being fed and watered at the Horse & Jockey tavern! 

Edited by 43110andyb
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just setting off to help man the Missenden stand - if you fancy a chat about our volunteer-run Railway Modelling weekends, weathering or any of my topics on RMweb  etc just say hello...

Chris  Hopper

• Like 1