Dapol OO - JHA bogie wagons

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Adam, just noticed on the samples the Balanced Maintenance sticker on the Hanson wagons is too wide. It's nearer to square on the real things. Is it too late to adjust that?

Pic linked from Flickr.

ARC19875 JHA 290720

Other than that, those samples look rather tasty! 

Jo

Should be easy to fix, providing production hasn't started.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Adam1701D said:

Should be easy to fix, providing production hasn't started.

Hi Adam, thanks for the replies.

Also notice that 'LIFT B.O.' is missing from next to the balanced maintenance sticker on the Hanson production samples.

Also, I don't suppose there is any chance of you doing the National Power JHAs to go with the 59? (Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please 😊).

Many thanks 

Darryl 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daz9284 said:

Hi Adam, thanks for the replies.

Also notice that 'LIFT B.O.' is missing from next to the balanced maintenance sticker on the Hanson production samples.

Also, I don't suppose there is any chance of you doing the National Power JHAs to go with the 59? (Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please 😊).

Many thanks 

Darryl 

Good spot! The lift and B.O. is on the wagon, but in a different position.

The Balanced Maintenance should be next to the Lift and B.O., as the Balanced Maintenance replaced the annual dates.

These wagons have lots of variations in sticker positioning, but the Lift/ B.O. and Balanced Maintenance should be together, so one of the two elements needs moving 

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thank you so much for the assistance with the lettering and signage for the Hanson wagons. The artwork has been modified and will be correct for production.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 3

12 hours ago, Adam1701D said:

Thank you so much for the assistance with the lettering and signage for the Hanson wagons. The artwork has been modified and will be correct for production.

I am sure I speak for others when I say it is great to see this level of transparency from the manufacturer - And even better to see feedback taken positively and implemented. Very much looking forward to seeing these arrive on the layout! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

That’s great to hear the artwork has been amended for production, it’s great that everyone can work together and communicate all the way through to help produce the quality we expect and appreciate today. Especially when it’s so hard to earn the extra money to afford what we want 🙂 

I’m just wondering whether there is an estimated date that these are due to hit the shops? I’m only asking as I’m trying to budget with the Revolution HOA’s & MMA/JNA’s due out soon too.

Keep up the great work 👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

Did the Hanson JHAs ever work in the same train as the Yeoman JHAs? 

Or have the JHA fleets been kept separate?

Cheers

Darryl 

Edited by daz9284

9 hours ago, daz9284 said:

Hi all.

Did the Hanson JHAs ever work in the same train as the Yeoman JHAs? 

Or have the JHA fleets been kept separate?

Cheers

Darryl 

Depends on time period you are referring to. It has become more common over the past decade from my observations to see these mixed with the JHA’s. They were regularly mixed with other types too including Mendip HOA’s, IIA’s as well as box wagons such as the Yeoman JYA’s etc. More recently they have also been seen alongside HTA’s when they out into stone traffic when the coal contracts came to an end, but before their conversion to HRA ‘shorty’s’. There are a few other types too, including the JNA type box wagon in more recent times. 

It is worth noting, most of these were in the mendip quarry super trains where they were mostly in blocks of the same type, but the odd ones did slip through to mix things up within another wagon type ‘block’. Worth watching some videos at ealing broadway / acton showing all of these workings based on your time period to find the best type to mix these with. 

22 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Depends on time period you are referring to. It has become more common over the past decade from my observations to see these mixed with the JHA’s. They were regularly mixed with other types too including Mendip HOA’s, IIA’s as well as box wagons such as the Yeoman JYA’s etc. More recently they have also been seen alongside HTA’s when they out into stone traffic when the coal contracts came to an end, but before their conversion to HRA ‘shorty’s’. There are a few other types too, including the JNA type box wagon in more recent times. 

It is worth noting, most of these were in the mendip quarry super trains where they were mostly in blocks of the same type, but the odd ones did slip through to mix things up within another wagon type ‘block’. Worth watching some videos at ealing broadway / acton showing all of these workings based on your time period to find the best type to mix these with. 

Many thanks. Yes I'm looking at the past decade, I've watched many many videos on YouTube and looked at pictures on smugmug and flickr and I've never seen the Hanson JHAs in the same train as the Yeoman JHAs. 

1 hour ago, daz9284 said:

Many thanks. Yes I'm looking at the past decade, I've watched many many videos on YouTube and looked at pictures on smugmug and flickr and I've never seen the Hanson JHAs in the same train as the Yeoman JHAs. 

That's pretty much it, mixing the Yeoman and Hanson wagons was very rare in that time frameYou may on occasion get a Yeoman and Hanson set joined together to form a jumbo, and this would have been from Westbury to Acton, but this would be very rare and something I think I've only ever seen once, after severe disruption, perhaps a snowy weekend? I have never seen a photo of such a move, the one time I can recall was a Sunday night. Note that this is two separate trains being moved to London on one service, rather than the wagons being mixed to make one train.

HOAs, IIAs and HTAs have regualry been mixed with both quarry's JHA fleets, the HTA use finishing when DB ceased to haul the Mendip traffic. As mentioned, subsequently cut down HHAs and HYA/ IIA coal hoppers have been introduced since Freightliner took over.

In 1998 there was a period that an ARC set was working out of Merehead, but this didn't last long and I can think was likely to be either Merehead were short, so a Whatley set was provided to add capacity, or the end customer was an ARC site, but wanted a product that could only be obtained from Merehead. This is definitely the exception that proves the rule.

Flickr link:

Sonning - 59101 on 7A09

Jo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1