Archers (or an alternative) rivets

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Archers rivets seem to be unobtainable over here now. Does anybody know of a supplier. DCC supplies show a sample sheet but @ £0.00 assumed O.O.S.

I recall that there was a recent thread on here (not the early ones from 2013) but I can't find anything. Regrettably the search function on here came up with zero every time.

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

This company in the Czech republic offer various rivets for different scales mainly for planes/tanks etc however they do plain sets too. The delivery is about a week from order, the link below is for single line 0.15mm dia at 0.8mm pitch they are quite small so if you were to try them i'd suggest trying a range of scales. No link just a happy customer.

https://hgwmodels.cz/en/172-scale/540-single-lines-rivets-080-mm-172-722013.html

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Fortunately i put an order in direct to Archers when i heard they were no longer going to trade and are now slowly going through back orders. Sales ended 25 Nov. Real shame as i like their stuff.

Last sitrep they sent me:

ARCHER November 25, 2022

SALES HAVE ENDED BUT....

.... CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS NOT!

I WILL BE IN THIS OFFICE EVERY DAY.

When you buy something from Archer you are not buying Archer, you're buying me. If you're not happy, I'm not happy and I'll do whatever it takes to make things right.

If you need to contact me, I can always be reached at info@archertransfers.com If you do contact me regarding the status of your order please include the name under which the order was placed, because it makes it extremely easy for me to respond in a timely manner. Also include your phone number just in case I can't reach you via email.

CURRENT SITUATION REGARDING SHIPPING ORDERS

As of today we have 530 orders in the queue. As far as I can tell we still have one from Oct. 12, three from Oct 21, one from Oct 22, three from Oct 23 and five or so between the 23rd and 25th. So we're still running about 4 weeks behind.

GOOD NEWS part 2: The new packaging is complete, at the printer and should be in full use by the end of next week. So far we have everything for the Surface Details and AFT Decals in house and being used. So what's the big deal? Prior to the new packaging I had three people (including Chrissy, myself and one nincompoop) bagging and we were able to ship about 150 orders a week. With the new packaging Chrissy is the only person bagging and we're still bagging enough inventory to meet our goal of shipping 150 orders a week.

--BOILER PLATE INFORMATION--

IMPORTANT!

Please check your tracking information!

We send tracking information every time we ship a parcel. Please do yourself a huge favor and check it every day. One of the most frustrating things for us here is to get an inquiry asking where an order is only to find out that the tracking indicates that it was delivered weeks ago.

PRO TIP: If tracking indicates that your parcel was delivered but you did not receive it you should immediately contact your local post office with the tracking number. The US Postal Service mail carriers scan every parcel with a scanner equipped with GPS which indicates the exact GPS location where the parcel was delivered and they will redirect it to the proper address...... in a perfect world anyway.

Did you get my order?

If you got a receipt from PayPal with an transaction ID/number, yes we have received your order. So, why don't we just let you know personally right away? Well, perhaps if we didn't have a website designed by an amateur (me) back in the stone ages we would, but our masters at PayPal have deemed it impossible to have this feature. Of course, you can always inquire and I'll do my best to let you know the status of your order.

Thank you for your patience during this difficult time and remember that regardless of when you placed your order, it will be shipped and with any luck at all the postal system may deem it appropriate to deliver it!

Woody Vondracek, owner

Archer Fine Transfers

From the cool kids at ARCHER FINE TRANSFERS [archertransfers.com]

Archer Fine Transfers | 304 NW Railroad Street, Youngsville, NC 

Sent by orders@archertransfers.com 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

If you really want Archers then Dragon-Hobby in the States (via their ebay store) still have stock though looking today it is noticeable that some types are no longer available or "almost gone". Priced at a ca. 30% premium to the label price they are currently around £17.81 per sheet subject to currency fluctuations.  The shipping cost of £11.58 plus £1.20 per extra sheet doesn't work out too bad if you are buying a number of sheets. Obviously they don't come next day but in my experience about 2 weeks is the norm.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Nick C said:

The full list of rivets is here:

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=rivets

Obviously at the end of the day the specified gauge can be somewhat arbitrary as a 1" diam rivet in 4mm scale would be approx a 2" diam rivet in 2mm scale. I can happily/easily make more packs of these available and the only two pieces of info I generally need are:

- What diam rivets

- What distance between centres

Once I know that, they're super quick and easy to make.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...