Who stocks Bachmann HO E-Z Track?????

BillB

Yes, I know it's not the best, but I am expanding a train set. The Bachmann UK website lists all the E-Z track parts and beside almost all it says "Arrived". But on retailers websites except for a few items Rails have it says "On Order". There is no way to email Bachmann to ask them why they seem unable to get their stock to their retailers, and they don't have an on-line shop like Hornby. So I am faced with the prospect of having to buy the parts I need by mail order from the USA, at huge cost in postage. I am talking basic items here, like the packs of 4x 9" straights, BAC 44511, and one each of the 30, 45, and 60 degree crossings and 2 Hayes bumpers. Even on ebay all the items listed are from the US. There is a "Find a Retailer" function on the Bachmann website, but locally apart from Rails most are small shops that don't have websites and don't even answer the phone.

I have looked on all the big retailers websites, Rails, Kernow, Gaugemaster, Antics, and some smaller ones like B&H in Lincoln. BTW, why don't Hattons carry Bachmann anymore?

Grateful for any info,

Bill.

Edited by BillB
spelling

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BillB said:

why don't Hattons carry Bachmann anymore?

Bachmann and Hattons had a falling out some years ago (round the time Hattons went and announced their own class 66 models). As such they are not a Bachann authorised retailer and thus cannot obtain new Bachmann products. Both parties are seemingly quite happy with this and no change in respective stances is expected in future.

Note this is an answer to a specific question NOT an opportunity to discuss it on this thread!

16 hours ago, BillB said:

Yes, I know it's not the best, but I am expanding a train set. The Bachmann UK website lists all the E-Z track parts and beside almost all it says "Arrived". But on retailers websites except for a few items Rails have it says "On Order". There is no way to email Bachmann to ask them why they seem unable to get their stock to their retailers, and they don't have an on-line shop like Hornby. So I am faced with the prospect of having to buy the parts I need by mail order from the USA, at huge cost in postage. I am talking basic items here, like the packs of 4x 9" straights, BAC 44511, and one each of the 30, 45, and 60 degree crossings and 2 Hayes bumpers. Even on ebay all the items listed are from the US. There is a "Find a Retailer" function on the Bachmann website, but locally apart from Rails most are small shops that don't have websites and don't even answer the phone.

I have looked on all the big retailers websites, Rails, Kernow, Gaugemaster, Antics, and some smaller ones like B&H in Lincoln. BTW, why don't Hattons carry Bachmann anymore?

Grateful for any info,

Bill.

Hi Bill, everything you have asked for is showing as being available and in stock at Bachmann. Any Bachmann dealer would be able to order them. However there are minimum quantities that have to be ordered and that could be a problem for some shops as they may be left with difficult to move stock. 

If all else fails give us a call and we can see if we can help.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

For many people track systems like EZ are perfect, it's perfectly understandable why some people use it. I use Kato Unitrack in N and wouldn't move over to Peco type track as for me the advantages of Unitrack outweigh the disadvantages.

Unless you have old stock with big flanges that need code 100 rails, I'd suggest looking at Kato Unitrack or Trix C track before you invest further in E-Z track.

Both are much better quality.

If you really want to stick to E-Z track, you might want to look for Bachmann "Underground Ernie" track on eBay (E-Z track with concrete coloured sleepers, not sure if steel or nickle-silver rails).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BRTrainz said:

Unless you have old stock with big flanges that need code 100 rails, I'd suggest looking at Kato Unitrack or Trix C track before you invest further in E-Z track.

Both are much better quality.

If you really want to stick to E-Z track, you might want to look for Bachmann "Underground Ernie" track on eBay (E-Z track with concrete coloured sleepers, not sure if steel or nickle-silver rails).

Agreed. I got some Kato N gauge track to run my 009 stuff on until I can come up with something more permanent. It goes together and comes apart very easily and the solid base keeps the mechanisms clear of carpets. I also got some E-Z track for grandchildren so that they could set it up and remove it easily. When I tried it myself, I found it much more fiddly. Peco is much more realistic when ballasted on a permanent layout. It depends on how you want to use your track.

• RMweb Premium

E-Z track is also used in the OO scale Thomas & Friends sets and can be found on the Bachmann website at  https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/category/model-railway/thomas_and_friends/oo-scale/track

It was used also in the Underground Ernie range (no longer available) and the USA track is stocked at Barwell and can be ordered (if not available in store) from any Bachmann dealer. You can check for availability on Bachmann's website where it appears in the Bachmann USA brands HO section at https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/category/model-railway/Bachmann-trains/ho-scale/ho-scale-snap-fit-e-z-track

The track is popular in the USA as it is supplied with all Bachmann USA train sets and is easy to clip together. This is the reason it is sold in the Thomas & Friends train sets both here and elsewhere across the world.

Edited by 1E BoY