Track renewal film

roythebus1

Thank you. I have seen that before, but it is interesting to go through it again.

Don't times change!

The emphasis on a steel tape for accuracy suggests it's 'new technology', but what about temperature?

The lack of what we now call PPE is disturbing; well hard hats (or any hats in the workshop) and especially no work gloves.

I like the Sentinel (steam) shunter in the manufacturers yard.

Did you find a date foe the film?

(Is it pre or post WW2)

Following a link from the above, I found this St Pancras re-laying 1947

(The sound track is slightly misleading, as it apparently attributes the manufacture of the pre-fabricated work to 'Messrs Taylor Brothers of San Diego'. This sounded unlikely what with the dollar crisis and everything. A quick google found a Graces Guide entry for Taylor Brothers of Sandiacre. Perhaps the voice over artist didn't understand properly!)

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, drmditch said:

Following a link from the above, I found this St Pancras re-laying 1947

(The sound track is slightly misleading, as it apparently attributes the manufacture of the pre-fabricated work to 'Messrs Taylor Brothers of San Diego'. This sounded unlikely what with the dollar crisis and everything. A quick google found a Graces Guide entry for Taylor Brothers of Sandiacre. Perhaps the voice over artist didn't understand properly!)

Adjacent to Stapleford and San Diego Station presumably?

Mike.