Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

New Years modelling resolutions 2023

Kris

Well I've just looked at what I wrote nearly 12 months ago. 

Not moved into the railway room yet as it is still being used a a triage centre for household objects. A work in progress. 

Still a couple of jobs to finish in there too before I move in fully, but hopefully they will be done by new year. 

A few wagons have moved through though to completion  though and the EN57  and SM31  were just too great a temptation. 

So a partly successful year. 

Andy

• Funny 1

I suppose my resolution would be to make a start on a few more of my stash of unmade whitemetal kits and convert them into models.  I managed to do this with two of them in 2023 (or four if you count the repair and rebuilding of two already made GEM Cardeans).

The two I did in 2023?  The first one was a GEM NBR Glen, mounted on a Tri-ang L1 chassis.  It's not an NBR Glen any more though - a bit of work changed it into a Highland Railway Big Ben.  Second was a DJH Caledonian 60 class.  After trying to make a workable chassis out of the DJH parts (I hasten to add that this was a very early DJH kit and the chassis components leave a lot to be desired) I gave up, got out a Tri-ang Albert Hall (with a damaged body) I had in storage, removed the superstructure of the body, modified a few bits and married it to the body parts of the DJH kit.  Not perfectly to scale, of course, but as I run mostly vintage models, the compromises are acceptable (at least to me) and I now have a 60 class that runs reliably and can haul six tinplate coaches and could probably take more.

So for 2024, I am aiming to do more of the same.  With at least 15 unmade kits (I haven't counted them), my first job will be fitting a Tri-ang M7 chassis to a DJH Caledonian 439 class.

• Like 2