Judith Edge NBL D2900 kit

I've done one of those! Not, admittedly, a BR one - I wanted something that wasn't the usual Ruston and this fitted the bill.

NBL22.gif.bb07cf4ce9073dd5bd65cd82e323dc54.gif

Adam

PS - it's one of my better efforts, most of it took me a couple of weeks and it's a truly excellent runner. There's a thread, but no pictures - might have to do something about that: 

Edited by Adam
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some more NBL progress. 

The chassis is off being sprayed (black rattle can followed by a dusting of Humbrol metallic gunmetal through the airbrush). Meanwhile the bonnet has been soldered together (which took a bit of fettling to get the top curves right, and even now I think it's a tiny bit asymmetrical in profile, but not enough for anyone but me to notice). 

20230124_221826.jpg.456a73b4095cc2b980543c7c9ad39907.jpg

All the soldered on details have been added, the resin ones will be added after I've got the thing running. I've also left off the front grill (to avoid clogging it with paint) and the buffers. The buffer beams on these are lined, so I'm hoping the gluing the buffer on after doing this will make it easier. 

The only really tricky bit was forming the exhaust cover. This was too small to roll using the GW models rollers, so had to be done the hard way by hand. And not having a gas cooker meant that I couldn't anneal it. 

Next step is to get the chassis working. 

• Like 10