Hornby class 755(3/4)

gpplumy

Has anyone seen that the 755 is now not expected till 2024/2025, i thought these were announced in 2022.23 release or did i miss something ? has this changed? just wondered if anyone else knew or had heard anything

Items
R3964 / A and R3963 /A

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Came here seeking an update, it's tempting me as an alternative to a class 158 and saw it again on a email from hattons about pre order but no further info. I'm sure they had a prototype (grey mock up, excuse the technical term) at the mk show in October, is the factory delay situation still that bad or is it Hornby spreading out new releases?

It seems that Hornby have put back the official due date for all "pending" projects to Winter 2024/5, originally reported in the Black 5 thread

Black 5 thread - Hornby delays

It seems that doesn't mean everything is going back that far- it seems to mean that something(s) are going to slip that far, and Hornby are still sorting out what is where and the overall batting order for these projects

We know for example that the TT Class 66 and two TT 0-6-0s have recently gone out for tooling, and the OO Black 5 sounds like it's a little behind that. They might be with us in 12 months time

Where the Flirt is in that process , we don't really know . If we have seen a prototype model displayed, then it ought to  be not too far behind those - maybe ready to go out for tooling soon???

Edited by Ravenser
  • Thanks 1