Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hand held DC controller suitable for brushed and coreless motors

numpty

I'm in need of a single track hand held DC controller suitable for older type convential brushed motors and modern coreless motors.

What would forum members recomend?

Edited by numpty
Stupid reply to post.

The hand held add on for the Morley is exceptionally good as a walk round controller..   It works coreless and Triang motors, even to the extent of double heading if the gearing  is anything like similar.   It's only component is a potentiometer.   the main electronics stay attached to the baseboard, as does a change over to the built in control knob(s) It doesn't get hot, has only 3 wires, can be connected through extension leads and through stereo jack plugs and mine works well over 30 feet from the base unit controller.   It doesn't get hot and can be fixed if you drop it.   Most other hand helds are heavy, bulky, get hot and don't survive being dropped.   

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 22:36, NIK said:

Coreless DC motors also have brushes. The difference between older DC motors and coreless is in the rotor.

Regards

Nik

It is indeed, perhaps I should have said convential  brushed motors. Being pedanic doesn't answer my question does it?

21 minutes ago, numpty said:

It is indeed, perhaps I should have said convential  brushed motors. Being pedanic doesn't answer my question does it?

I haven't been accused of being pedanic before. However the more accurate the question the better the chance of getting useful answers. Also if one is never corrected one never learns.

Regards

Nick

51 minutes ago, NIK said:

I haven't been accused of being pedanic before. However the more accurate the question the better the chance of getting useful answers. Also if one is never corrected one never learns.

Regards

Nick

Well I didn't learn owt from your reply!

One of my other hobbies  RC helicopters, some of which use coreless motors.

34 minutes ago, numpty said:

Well I didn't learn owt from your reply!

One of my other hobbies  RC helicopters, some of which use coreless motors.

So you didn't learn that coreless motors also have brushes?.

32 minutes ago, NIK said:

So you didn't learn that coreless motors also have brushes?.

There is no mention that I stated that coreles motors  don't have brushes in my post!

Something that I learnt a long time ago, you're just nitpicking which is neither humerous or clever!

Your just imbecile! 

Edited by numpty
typo

• AY Mod locked this topic