Class 47, Two Tone Green.

Paul_C

I'm looking for a Bachmann class 47 in two tone green that has a similar body shell to the special edition that was released a few years ago for Kernow (31-650L Mammoth). There's not a lot of hope of finding one of these so I'm wondering about the possibilities of a conversion.

The nearest I've found so far is 35-410 but somebody has pointed out that this has three vent grilles whereas the Mammoth has twin radiator shutters. Any thoughts please?

Paul_C 

1 hour ago, Paul_C said:

I'm looking for a Bachmann class 47 in two tone green that has a similar body shell to the special edition that was released a few years ago for Kernow (31-650L Mammoth). There's not a lot of hope of finding one of these so I'm wondering about the possibilities of a conversion.

The nearest I've found so far is 35-410 but somebody has pointed out that this has three vent grilles whereas the Mammoth has twin radiator shutters. Any thoughts please?

Paul_C 

Have a look for 32-806, D1842 in two tone green with serck shutters, and I think the same boiler port as the Mammoth model too.

18 hours ago, Paul_C said:

Thank you Zunnan, I'll keep an eye out for one in the hope that they're easier to come across than the Mammoth. 👍

Paul.

Bachmann have a D1842 body for sale on the spares website, £57 though

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses, much appreciated. Just as I was getting things well underway with a view to doing a conversion everything was turned on its head with a Mammoth popping up on ebay on Sunday/Monday.

I made an offer to the seller and he countered it with a figure that was very acceptable indeed so I bought it immediately. It has arrived today so I will be unboxing it this evening. It is brand new basically as it has sat on a display shelf in the box. It is also sound fitted so very happy days.

Paul. 

• Like 3

If anyone is looking to convert a class 47 into D1670 Mammoth I have some spare headcodes (1C10 and 6B28). I bought these before I was fortunate enough to find the actual model that I wanted.

Paul.