Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Class 47, Two Tone Green.

Paul_C

I'm looking for a Bachmann class 47 in two tone green that has a similar body shell to the special edition that was released a few years ago for Kernow (31-650L Mammoth). There's not a lot of hope of finding one of these so I'm wondering about the possibilities of a conversion.

The nearest I've found so far is 35-410 but somebody has pointed out that this has three vent grilles whereas the Mammoth has twin radiator shutters. Any thoughts please?

Paul_C 

1 hour ago, Paul_C said:

I'm looking for a Bachmann class 47 in two tone green that has a similar body shell to the special edition that was released a few years ago for Kernow (31-650L Mammoth). There's not a lot of hope of finding one of these so I'm wondering about the possibilities of a conversion.

The nearest I've found so far is 35-410 but somebody has pointed out that this has three vent grilles whereas the Mammoth has twin radiator shutters. Any thoughts please?

Paul_C 

Have a look for 32-806, D1842 in two tone green with serck shutters, and I think the same boiler port as the Mammoth model too.

18 hours ago, Paul_C said:

Thank you Zunnan, I'll keep an eye out for one in the hope that they're easier to come across than the Mammoth. 👍

Paul.

Bachmann have a D1842 body for sale on the spares website, £57 though

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses, much appreciated. Just as I was getting things well underway with a view to doing a conversion everything was turned on its head with a Mammoth popping up on ebay on Sunday/Monday.

I made an offer to the seller and he countered it with a figure that was very acceptable indeed so I bought it immediately. It has arrived today so I will be unboxing it this evening. It is brand new basically as it has sat on a display shelf in the box. It is also sound fitted so very happy days.

Paul. 

• Like 3

If anyone is looking to convert a class 47 into D1670 Mammoth I have some spare headcodes (1C10 and 6B28). I bought these before I was fortunate enough to find the actual model that I wanted.

Paul.