RMweb

South Notts Show, April 1st & 2nd 2023

Les1952

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_6049.JPG.b98c3dcb08a4394ace2bf92403b125c4.JPG

Biggest layout this year is the exhibition debut of Wilford Road, Bingham Club's new 24 feet by 8 feet line based on the GCR South of Nottingham.

and- no, I  hadn't noticed the handrail on the J94 needing fixing.....

More details to follow.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've prised the layout list out of Mark at last.

In OO

Alderley Parkway

Cumanavago

Landmanlow Sidings

Linwood Lane

NO PLACE

Wilford Road

Czech narrow gauge

A taste of Alber

in N

Cucknoe

Ferrers Junction

Stamford West

in 3mm Finescale

Uppingham

in EM

Victoria

in HO

Marmagne

and another that isn't on the list......

Traders list to follow.

Cumanavago.jpg.a28529346c48e41c264c85330ee0c349.jpg

Pic is Cumanavago, designed as an interactive layout for children and adults alike.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Traders  (with apologies if I leave anyone out)

Malc's Models  (Ilkeston)

Sherwood Models (Nottingham)

A2B Models (Matlock Bath)

Book Law Publications (Nottingham)

Rocket Railways (Coalville)

Starlight Models (Wellingborough)

Railstuff (Cheadle)

J&C Models (East Goscote)

Railway Correspondence & Travel Society

plus our own Club Sales stand (which I'm in charge of this year despite having my own layout there....)

Les

demonstrators

Cardboard Works - John Fownes and team showing how to make magnificent model stock with the cheapest materials.

Tony Wright Loco Clinic

MERG- Model electronics for railways.

3D Printing demonstration,  another stand from MERG.

Weathering - Roger Garrett (subject to availability)

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Lincoln MRC have had to drop out, so another new layout taking their place

20220823_092540.jpg.f40b004ae2db9f70ce1ef9a04c29323a.jpg

20230131_110646.jpg.87feb5a1bbbc75f66217f0c9c8ae6798.jpg

Burch Green as a layout still under construction (but not far off finished as it is going to Sleaford at the start of June)..

Play spot the character- apart from Steed and Mrs Peel who else is there?

Les

• Like 1

Our card reader is having problems reaching the Welfare's wi-fi from the entrance.  As a result, although we can still take card payments you'll get in a lot faster if you pay with cash rather than having to wait for the machine to contact the living.....

Les

A fiver to get in (remember those things called banknotes).  Accompanied children free.

On 31/03/2023 at 14:59, gr.king said:

Is there a 2 hour free parking limit in the adjacent park and ride area, as suggested on-line, and is it enforced on Saturdays / Sundays please?

No parking restrictions apart from finding a place.  There are three car parks in the precinct just down the street, two accessible from Ringleas (which is your approach towards the Welfare) and the other round the back behind the police station.

But wherever you find to park, make a note of landmarks on your way to the Welfare.  Tony Wright spent some time after the show today driving round Cotgrave with a punter who had lost his car before coming back for assistance.  We found it eventually........

Les

• Funny 2

11 hours ago, Les1952 said:

No parking restrictions apart from finding a place.  There are three car parks in the precinct just down the street, two accessible from Ringleas (which is your approach towards the Welfare) and the other round the back behind the police station.

But wherever you find to park, make a note of landmarks on your way to the Welfare.  Tony Wright spent some time after the show today driving round Cotgrave with a punter who had lost his car before coming back for assistance.  We found it eventually........

Les

Thanks Les.  I made it to the show yesterday so discovered for myself the free, unlimited time car parking.  

Show was an overall success, with our best ever attendance (though still below our target of 1000).  We also put a healthy amount into club funds.

Next year is the first weekend in April again, Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th April 2024.

See you there.

Les

• Like 1

What was the name of the unusual layout depicting an RAF seaplane base, complete with song lyrics about “Shagbat” Walrus amphibians, please?  Doesn’t seem to be on the list earlier in this thread. Is there info about it online?  Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, Willie Whizz said:

What was the name of the unusual layout depicting an RAF seaplane base, complete with song lyrics about “Shagbat” Walrus amphibians, please?  Doesn’t seem to be on the list earlier in this thread. Is there info about it online?  Thanks. 

Could it have been Shagbats?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Willie Whizz said:

Hello.  It was mentioned at the start as "Another that isn't on the list" and by the time I got the final list I was in panic mode over getting the programs ready- even they were wrong as we had a cancellation with a week to go, and another drop out due to heart attack that we only found out about when setting up on the Friday.

The layout was "Shagbats".

Les

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1