RMweb

=C=Rail= Intermodals New 20ft x 8ft container

arran

HI All

Cads are now close to being finished for the new 20ft x 8ft container , these will be available in Freightliner , OCL and Hapag Lloyd.

These containers date from the late 60s through to the early 90s .

Regards Arran

image.png.7128662307fc40575ff9363d953b2ff1.pngimage.png.b118d0f001fdb257ae7a0326660658f4.png822762785_20ftC.jpg.49bf97ea2734b03cece6cac71e4f75fc.jpg

ocl aa.jpg

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, russ p said:

Great news 

Are there any Manchester liners ones in the pipeline? 

Yes that one as well , might be the second run as I have one of their box’s in the range currently.

Regards Arran 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2023 at 05:37, 47475 said:

Definitely hoping for these in N later, as there were plenty in the trains I would like to model from the 1980s. Fingers crossed.

HI 

There are old style containers in the C Rail range that suit the period you want to model.

I cant see me doing that container in N gauge just yet .

Regards Arran

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, arran said:

HI 

There are old style containers in the C Rail range that suit the period you want to model.

I cant see me doing that container in N gauge just yet .

Regards Arran

I bought a variety of the older N gauge ones already and they are great.

Even if a fair way into the future, it would still be great to see some of these style ones, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47475 said:

I bought a variety of the older N gauge ones already and they are great.

Even if a fair way into the future, it would still be great to see some of these style ones, though.

More decorated getting done now as well as undecorated if your feeling like a spot of modelling 

Regards Arran

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 28/05/2023 at 17:57, arran said:

HI All

The artworks close to being finished , one more to go "hapag Lloyd" 

Regards Arran

image.png.fa562d7b52ca776c1e912306208600c7.pngimage.png.8ffeec4aace2963f90ac92d8816da1ce.png

Evening Arran

Are the freightliner ones different containers to the Bachmann ones?

3 minutes ago, russ p said:

Evening Arran

Are the freightliner ones different containers to the Bachmann ones?

HI 

Yes they are , the Bachman ones are the original Freightliner build , while ours are not . 

Ours are a deep sea container , i'm not sure where the difference between Freightliner and Freightliners limited came from so that story may would be of interest.

Regards Arran

• Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, arran said:

HI 

Yes they are , the Bachman ones are the original Freightliner build , while ours are not . 

Ours are a deep sea container , i'm not sure where the difference between Freightliner and Freightliners limited came from so that story may would be of interest.

Regards Arran

Good question.  I think it's mainly to do with corporate history.  The early ones were all labelled Freightliner

My understanding of events and I'm certainly open to correction on this was that metal containers on bogie wagons and associated handling were introduced as a new idea (well, new to the UK transport industry at the time), basically as a more modern successor to the Condor with its wooden containers designed to fit a standard conflat and used by the railways and industry generally, and that the word was coined as a marketing term by BR, which seems to have caught on as a generic term like Hoover for a vacuum cleaner. 

At some point the politicians decided to separate this business off into a company, which took the name Freighliners Limited (because it was now a limited company).  I think it was still wholly owned by BR at this time, but obviously an easy choice when they were looking for things to privatise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Good question.  I think it's mainly to do with corporate history.  The early ones were all labelled Freightliner

My understanding of events and I'm certainly open to correction on this was that metal containers on bogie wagons and associated handling were introduced as a new idea (well, new to the UK transport industry at the time), basically as a more modern successor to the Condor with its wooden containers designed to fit a standard conflat and used by the railways and industry generally, and that the word was coined as a marketing term by BR, which seems to have caught on as a generic term like Hoover for a vacuum cleaner. 

At some point the politicians decided to separate this business off into a company, which took the name Freighliners Limited (because it was now a limited company).  I think it was still wholly owned by BR at this time, but obviously an easy choice when they were looking for things to privatise.

Freightliner was transfered from BR ownership to the newly created National Freight Corporation and became a limited company in 1969 (still government owned)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...