Scalescenes boxfile canal/wharf micro layout. By Andrew Cockburn

I’ve always fancied building a layout which incorporated a canal and/or wharf, or at least part of a canal and/or wharf. So when I became of a boxfile canal/wharf layout kit from the Scalescenes downloadable range of kits last summer, it seemed an ideal chance for me to fulfill my ambition. Asides from the canal/wharf,, the layout also features three warehouse-type buildings, while it has also been enhanced by the addition of a Wills yard crane, and small details such as harbour mooring bollards, while I’ve also constructed a home-made two-track fiddle yard. The layout took the best part of three months to construct, is very compact, as the various structures pack away into the boxfile when not in use. I’ve also constructed a couple of other railway-related kits from the Scalescenes range, ie a small hut (which actually features on the canal/wharf layout) and a goods hut, and have been really impressed by Scalescenes products/enjoyed assembling those I acquired, & as such, I hope attempt further Scalescenes railway-related kits/products in the future.

Canal & wharf boxfile layout completed October 28 2022.JPG

Canal & wharf boxfile layout completed October 28 20221.JPG

Canal & wharf boxfile layout completed October 28 20222.JPG

Canal & wharf boxfile layout completed October 28 20223.JPG

Boxfile canal & wharf layout fiddleyard.JPG

Edited by Andrew Cockburn
  • Like 17

I am at the early stages of building this as one of my first attempts to get back into modelling.I’ve run into a couple of dead ends when I realise more bits are needed ( track, points, a decision on power etc) but have had fun so far 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1