Cambridge Miniature Wonderland

Went to Doncaster show yesterday and had a nice chat with Phil the Editor of Garden Rail, I know him pretty well having got to know him from the Leamington or Swindon area shows I attended with my 0 or G gauge line some years back. The show was very busy and getting in to Layout’s a bit tricky. But I did spend an interesting time watching the S and D Templecombe Shed and main line bit based in BR days. Lots of pulling and shoving of S n D trains that had to have a pilot attached departing Templecombe en route for Bournemouth x Bath. The other way a pilot would attach to the rear to drag the train into Templecombe station. All very nicely done no doubt much to the wonder of viewers that know nothing of the operations at that location. Lots of stands to tempt ones wallet.

Also a guy with Cambridge Miniature Wonderland (MW) tea shirt selling all sorts of old trains and buildings from sundry piled cardboard fruit boxes. bit of a wonder really as to what may have been in the bottom of a pile of boxes 4 or 5 high. The Webb site is all a bit ‘contact us, available later’ so not that informative. I just wonder if it will be up to the standard of Hamburg, I was aware the MW were looking for a U.K. site but thought it may be in the Birmingham area. However in Cambridge there may well be a good tap of students to get beavering away on buildings and scenery much as I saw on my first visit to the Hamburg MW a decade or two ago now. Any knowledge of this venture anyone?

Did search for it in here but no mention of it found.

https://cambridgeminiaturewonderland.com

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, dunnyrail said:

Also a guy with Cambridge Miniature Wonderland (MW) tea shirt selling all sorts of old trains and buildings from sundry piled cardboard fruit boxes. bit of a wonder really as to what may have been in the bottom of a pile of boxes 4 or 5 high. The Webb site is all a bit ‘contact us, available later’ so not that informative. I just wonder if it will be up to the standard of Hamburg, I was aware the MW were looking for a U.K. site but thought it may be in the Birmingham area. However in Cambridge there may well be a good tap of students to get beavering away on buildings and scenery much as I saw on my first visit to the Hamburg MW a decade or two ago now. Any knowledge of this venture anyone?

Did search for it in here but no mention of it found.

https://cambridgeminiaturewonderland.com

Phil and I had a chinwag on this a few weeks ago; we're scratching our heads but we're on it. The website gives rise to many more questions than it does answers.

• Agree 1