US centric shows in the UK.

NickBrad

Hey folks, 

Although I realise that there is a section of RMweb for shows, sometimes it can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack when trying to find information on what shows are happening within the UK, that have more US based layouts. I attended the one at Handsacre a couple of times, but I believe that it no longer exists and whilst filling out my calendar for events to visit this year, I'd like to experience more than just the usual British layouts and heritage railways. 

I'm based in Lincoln, so bonus points for events that aren't in Cornwall or Far North of Scotland 😆

• Like 1

Ooh, the NMRA show I could definitely attend, Derby is a short hop and I have nothing booked so far for that weekend. Crawley is a bit of a stretch though at 3 1/2 hrs travel each way. I guess this is one of those things where I wish I supported the shows better in the past, but sadly I didn't always have a car so I was reliant on friends mostly

Edited by NickBrad

NMRA Spring meet at Mech Models in Staffordshire is listed on the website along with others:

https://www.nmrabr.org.uk/

...Hence the importance for exhibitions to list info for visiting layouts on their websites or press releases, unfortunately I can't get to every show that I'd like to so prefer to support those that showcase my preferred modelling regions and genres. 

My Hershey sugar mill layout "Central Alonzo" (it's 1950s Cuba so is basically an American 1920s Railroad with diesels) will be at the Nottingham show on the 4th-5th November at a new venue on the east side of the city so will be convenient for travel from Lincoln.

Edited by 298
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Although this year's event is just gone the NMRA winter meet at Stokenchurch (previously Benson) has a range of trade, B&B plus a few layouts and demos.

Chris H

Edited by Gilbert

O-scale. 

If anyone has read this far, just a reminder that the Winchester Meet is on as usual in October:

Winchester O-Gauge Continental and American Meet

A mix of many interests, 2-rail, 3-rail, standard gauge, narrow gauge and, most importantly, all non-British prototypes.

I'll have my tables of Nth American O-scale: RTR models all the way down to 'bits'.   Questions ... conversations welcome anytime!

Jason

On 25/02/2023 at 11:14, John M Upton said:

Does anyone have a date for the 2023 Seaboard Southern show please?  Website only lists last years.

Sat 16th September 2023. Venue will once again be The Charis Centre, Crawley.

Currently getting the layouts and traders together so will be posting details in the next month or so

Cheers

Dan Spalding

Exhibition Manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1