Dapol PluX22 decoder

meatloaf

No replies, but the decoder arrived so ill answer myself 

Tested in a class 20 as it was the easiest to swap the decoder out of.

Out of the box there was no accelleration or decelleration set, unlike the with the Bachmann/zimo. Set both CV3 and 4 to 5

No brake button as the Bachmann/zimo has

Runs ok but dosent seem as smooth as the Bachmann/zimo, but then again its half the price.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The F2 brake button seems to mainly be a Bachmann/Zimo feature, although I have a factory DCC Farish 24, some years old, which has the same brake functionality on F7.  That uses a Soundtraxx decoder, so some others do it too.

If you post the manufacturer and version codes, someone on here may know if a brake function can be enabled.  The documentation that comes with decoders is normally useless.

To update i installed the decoder into a Bachmann 121 today.

Runs a treat - much smoother than in the class 20. Also all the light functions work as expected.

Seems like a decent budget decoder and ill probably buy more of these instead of the Bachmann ones for my none sound fitted locos

6 minutes ago, NIK said:

Regards prices Zimo budget decoders are now up to £25 but seem to be out of stock in the UK.

They are out of stock worldwide and that will always be the case as they are now obsolete.

The new Zimo MN non sound decoders are starting to arrive in shops in Germany so they should arrive elsewhere soon. I expect these will be at least 30 quid.

Regards,

John P

Charlie

Why not set the standard key as F2 for the brake which is logical as even NCE controllers can then use the brake function.

Or alternately provide simple instructions of how to swap F5 to F2 without cost.