32-255BSF WD 2-8-0 77196

No Decorum

The virtue of not getting around to something. I spotted the original version in a catalogue and took a fancy to it. I was thinking of getting a second hand one but never got around to it. When an updated one with sound was announced, I jumped at it. I’ve just paid the balance to Derails so it’s likely to arrive this week. I’m looking forward to hearing it clank round my layout.

• Like 1

Hopes its everything you dream of

I would be interested to know how much better it is.

The detail on the original is great (I have 6)

Chassis always seemed OK 

Detailed pictures and opinions would be great as I am tempted by another one.

cheerho

1 hour ago, mi-go-a-go-go said:

Hopes its everything you dream of

I would be interested to know how much better it is.

The detail on the original is great (I have 6)

Chassis always seemed OK 

Detailed pictures and opinions would be great as I am tempted by another one.

cheerho

Thank you. Royal Mail told me this morning that it will be delivered on Saturday. I agree with you that these WDs are lovely models (I have three). I don’t think I’ll see much difference in the bodies, apart from the livery, but I shall certainly hear the difference!

9 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Thank you. Royal Mail told me this morning that it will be delivered on Saturday. I agree with you that these WDs are lovely models (I have three). I don’t think I’ll see much difference in the bodies, apart from the livery, but I shall certainly hear the difference!

I'm interested in one of these, and think it looks like a great model, when it finally arrives and unboxed for it's photoshoot, could you take a picture of the cab detail?

3 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I'm interested in one of these, and think it looks like a great model, when it finally arrives and unboxed for it's photoshoot, could you take a picture of the cab detail?

Right oh.

Meantime, a pic to whet the appetite.

1300484155_79250MajorGeneralMcMullen.jpg.e0c375703c9e5dc164f1cd5d6f7af83a.jpg

Edited by No Decorum
To add picture.

On 09/03/2023 at 19:24, Trumpet said:

Your wish is my command. As you can see, the cab is reasonably well detailed but unpainted. The cab is fairly well enclosed, so it’s not very noticeable.

943238177_77196CabInterior.jpg.ebf1515b174fe3189e083f97f1d75447.jpg

I like the sound. The project can be switched using CVs between air and vacuum braked versions. One curiosity is that the drain cocks operate at “low speed”. Rather they operate at low speed settings. I use an NCE. If I press the 10× button, the cocks shut straight away, just as the loco starts to move, which isn’t how the real things operate. If I use the 1× button, they sound up to and including step 9.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, No Decorum said:

I like the sound. The project can be switched using CVs between air and vacuum braked versions. One curiosity is that the drain cocks operate at “low speed”. Rather they operate at low speed settings. I use an NCE. If I press the 10× button, the cocks shut straight away, just as the loco starts to move, which isn’t how the real things operate. If I use the 1× button, they sound up to and including step 9.

Not claiming expertise in driving steam locos but was at the Worth Valley gala last weekend and noted that whilst locos that had stood for a while operated the drain cocks as you describe ‘at low speed settings’, locos making an intermediate station stop might well have a quick ‘clearance’ once they’d got the right away using the draincocks before moving off briskly which would accord broadly to what you describe happening at the 10x setting. Looking forward to getting my model delivered!. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Very impressed with the sound project in this - sound well matched to motion and the ‘brake’ is active and on F2 as per Zimo (its a Loksound 5 thats supplied).  Havent had the tender body off to have a look but the speaker seems to have more ‘wuff’ to it than other recent Bachmann factory fits that I’ve had - certainly better than the V2, the Jubilee and the Brush Type 4.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1