LNWR 2-4-0 with mazak pest

Johnson044

12 minutes ago, Canal Digger said:

Not just diecast, Whiskey/ Whisky Miniatures, Lines Bros wooden & my next project, a Main Line, green Bakalite Whale with a 3rd rail pick up, no motor but a coil to pull it along a series of pieces of metal, speed/ movement controlled by mark/ space ratio of insulation on 3rd rail, rather than varying voltage. Apparently will work on either ac or dc, racking my brains to remember my C&G/ BTEC Electrical Technician's studies from 40 year ago, to think which easier, any thoughts please. Yes, the picture on the box looks nothing like the contents!

I really don't understand why my collection is described as 'eclectic & eccentric'.

20230330_162934.jpg

20230330_162020.jpg

20211217_173621.jpg

20211217_174134.jpg

20220116_161330.jpg

Your breaking the boundaries there! Puts me in mind of the side wire type of current collection that appeared infrequently in the model press of the time.

Does anyone else remember the tiny plastic US trains that came in toilet rolls (Izal IIRC - I inflicted the hard toilet paper on the rest of the family! ) You could collect a whole train - locomotive, tender (much rarer than the loco!),  box car (common - you needed two for the suggested complete train, gondola, tank car, and caboose in various colours. The family must have been relieved when they switched to some dreadful flat animals. I soon lost interest in these!

I don't know what happened to them - parents threw them out I suspect - things were given to just disappearing!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 11 months later...

This loco was made by Jordan & Lewden & was either red or green. They also made Coppernob in red & green. There was also a Stephensons Rocket & a Stirling single. I have all four but have fitted scale wheels & provided tenders for them. The Stirling & Jumbo's tenders are motorised & rocket & coppernob are powered by motorised coaches

• Like 1

On 23/03/2024 at 17:57, Llamedos said:

This loco was made by Jordan & Lewden & was either red or green. They also made Coppernob in red & green. There was also a Stephensons Rocket & a Stirling single. I have all four but have fitted scale wheels & provided tenders for them. The Stirling & Jumbo's tenders are motorised & rocket & coppernob are powered by motorised coaches

Any chance of some photos Llamedos?