Rapido Trains conducts a new drop test, with Hollywood Actor cameo

mdvle

1 hour ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Entertaining, but the point of the exercise was……?

Thanks as always to @mdvle for posting it for us, Keith.

It makes more sense posted - which it has been - in the Thread to which it relates....

As I put over there, I had to google the "Hollywood Actor" - never heard of him. 🙄

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jordan, Michael Gross is not only a reasonably well known actor in the States, he’s a well known fan / advocate for Model Railroading (and a modeller himself), so his appearance was the least surprising bit of the video for me.  Thanks for the explanation, Keith.

Yes just because I'd never heard of him doesn't mean he's a 'nobody'. I expect he's never heard of me, either! 🤣

The video does seem a bit bizarre on it's own, but in context of the delivery that literally fell off the back of a lorry, makes sense. 👍

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

It makes more sense posted - which it has been - in the Thread to which it relates....

Doesn't actually relate directly to that thread.

The video specifically mentions complaints about the bulkhead flat cars (which they use in the video) arriving to customers damaged.

As for Michael Goss it probably makes more sense if your American or Canadian - he was on a hit TV show called Family Ties during the 80s which also launched the career of Michael J. Fox.  Michael Goss participates in at least one model railway mailing list.

Edited by mdvle

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators

@mdvle - please stop being a princess because a topic you created was locked. No, I won't be locking the topic where it could have been (and earlier was) posted.